“Hands down best masseuse”
Review of Lux Spa and Fitness - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lux Spa and Fitness
More attraction details
Owner description: Lux Spa and Fitness at the Omni Hotel at Independence Park • Address 401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106 • Hotel Phone : 215-925-0000 • Hotel Fax : 215-925-1263 • Spa Phone: 215-931-4248
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I received the best massage ever at Lux. I've been to the Water Club (which is beautiful) and the Bellevue, but the Omni by far was the best massage ever. I had a facial. I thought the pricing was good for the value and the amenities were nice. The people at the desk and everyone was really pleasant. It was also nice to have a glass of wine at the bar and go the spa with little effort.

They have a hot tub, pool and waiting room all was nice and convenient.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I received an email with a coupon for 50 dollars for 50 min for the week that I was there. They wouldn't honor it even though the coupon said nothing about previous booking. I went with a group. We live nearby and we won't be going back..they did let one girl in our group use it because she had booked the.. previous day. Just didn't make any sense As for the spa the massage room was loud and the therapist was loud too. Terrible massage. Broken locker. Gross flipflops.sheet didn't fully cover table. He dropped my friends arm on the table during the massage and said oops
Enough said. Go somewhere else or rent a movie

1  Thank jcswq
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I'm not quite sure I understand the "awful" part of this experience. My experience at lux spa and fitness was exactly what I aimed for and more. The staff was extremely friendly and there was no wait. I am not one to write many reviews but this experience was one to rave about. The spa room is beautiful and the amenities offered were phenomenal. I chose to get a full body wax- which was almost painless. I have gotten MANY before which often leave me bruised and in pain. This was not the case. I also got an Aveda facial which was exfoliating, yes, yet did not make me break out.

I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Purchased the deal on living social for 1 hr of services (30 min facial and 30 min massage) Both services, with 2 different people, each lasted 22 minutes. Did not get what I paid for. No A/C, extremely hot. In basement of hotel - would not go back, would not recommend - even if it was free.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My boyfriend got me the valentine special. Much needed. The AVEDA treatment was by far the best I've ever recieved. I am always hesitant because AVEDA sometimes causes me to break out but this was extremely beneficial. I have sensitive skin and it did not cause ANY break outs. Massage was amazing. 80 minutes to the dot. I would encourage for any sweetheart. Might even try couple massage next time...Dont understand the "terrible" reviews. You people need to get a life. (I guess misery loves company)...