“Great N.C. barbecue!”

Dining options: After-hours
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great N.C. barbecue!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've eaten here now twice and my husband, a N.C. native, affirms the superb quality of the pulled pork. All the entrees, however, we've tried have been excellent. Small place but the staff is wonderful and super beer selections. One of our favorite places in PHL!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank skygoddesstrish

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
“Deke's rocks”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were on our way to a restaurant next door to Deke's but we were drawn in by the music and smell of bbq grilling. My colleague kept saying "no, I'm taking you next door", but somehow the rest of us just couldn't resist Deke's. The food was delish, some of the best bbq I've had and the collard greens and some sort of hush puppy type character, all really good. It's very picnic style with plastic baskets and diner style ketchups but that just added to the vibe. The bar was buzzing and the place was just busy, but we never felt rushed. Only thing I didn't like was that they don't take credit cards. Yes, there's an ATM right in the place but when you're on business a credit card is a must item. Hope Deke's changes that policy but I'll go back again anyway.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FINGER LICKING GOOD and SMELLED GREAT”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is my First review and I am glad that the Place was Great. I was there last week and ate out side. The weather was nice to eat out side on picnic benches but it got colder as the time went on. They started a fire in the fire pit. (nice touch) The smell out side was CRAZY from the fire Pit wood burning to the Bar B Que smell of the ribs and chicken being cooked on 2 out door cookers and 2 guys smoking cuban cigars. It was some of the best smelling finger licking food I have tasted. The place has great sweet tea made with liquid sugar but they have more than just beer. The cool thing about the place is it was once a garage. I met the owners and they stopped at every table to ask if everything was ok. No wonder this place does so well.

BTW the buffet is great and priced right. The ribs fell off the bone.

THE ONLY THING I DID NOT LIKE WAS......
You cant eat the bone. I did not eat the bone.....LOL

Like HEAVEN for Bar b que food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jim K
Jacklyn M, Owner at Deke's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Deke's BBQ, we really appreciate it. Glad the smells of the BBQ got your taste buds moving:-) You hit us on a warm November night. Hope to see you soon but most defiantly come back this spring summer when all picnic tables are full and the smells are off the charts!

Thank you again for such a positive review.

Regards,

Deke's BBQ
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious BBQ... in Philly!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Have been here several times, even though it's a a bit of a drive. It's officially on my circuit of restaurants to dine at on some sort of regular basis.

BBQ is authentic and delicious. The menu is posted on a chalkboard.... if you see something you like, be sure and order it.... before it sells out! Have seen that happen a number of times, people wait to order more food and then the item they want is gone. (usually replaced by something else, equally interesting).

Ribs and brisket were delicious. In addition to a la carte, they seem to have daily all-you-can-eat specials.

Cool atmosphere in a converted garage... on warm (and even not so warm days) they have the garage doors open and outside seating as well.

On Eagles Sunday game days, they usually open just prior to the game. Give them a call though the day before to confirm.

Highly recommend. Definitely go very casual......

Cash only. But you won't need a fortune.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PHLflyer S
Jacklyn M, Owner at Deke's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Deke's BBQ, we really appreciate this. We are glad you enjoy the atmosphere our version of a "Juke Joint" And yes order early because we can only smoke so much on the 5 pits :-) And yes we are open for Eagles games with chalkboard specials. Hope to see you back soon.

Thank you again for such a positive review.

Regards,

Deke's BBQ
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If you like Bar B Que........ Dekes is the place!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I gave this place another try and I am glad I did. WOW the food was tasty and the place was busy. The place is clean. Lots of parking. The nice part about this place is the out door seating when the weather is nice. The staff is nice. I gave them a test and they pasted. I wanted well done brisket and I got what I asked for. Something to think about!!!! when was the last time the cook/owner came to your table and asked you how is it?? They do here. You gotta love a person who cares about what you eat and the business he runs. NICE JOB!!

Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia