“Good for a quick snack”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
“Good for a quick snack”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Craving some indian food we decided to check this out. The owners were very helpful when deciding what to have for a quick snack and also provided good tips for us as tourists there for the weekend. I'll visit again if I'm in the area.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dustin C

New York City, New York
“I really wanted to love but..”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was delighted when I saw the Philadelphia Chutney company while browsing around Liberty Mall area. I ordered Masala dosa which is my favorite. I am from Kerala, so I might come off a tad harsh when I say the dosas weren't the crunchiest. The masala (filling) had too many mustard seeds, and very less flavor. I really really wanted to love the place considering the aesthetics and the lovely location, but I was sad when I left.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Amazineyez
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Good Simple South Indian Food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a nice clean joint serving south Indian food, self serve style. The food was pretty tasty. They have build your own dosas - something like building your own crepes. The one issue I had was that they do not include sambhar in the price of the entree - and almost any south Indian food is inedible without sambhar. Making customers pay for it doesn't seem right.

The food quality was very good and service was quick and efficient - and the chutneys were delicious

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Shanker B
Zaragoza, Spain
“No Frills attached South Indian Food”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We tried their new age dosas and idlis one afternoon. They were delicious. Definitely worth a try if you are looking for modern south Indian in center city Philly. Remember its a small very causal eatery. So not a place to take your date or expect them to have beers or wines.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank banerjee_p
Denver, CO
“Very good dosa's, excellent chutney”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

It's easy to pass by this place and think that it's some sort of chain. It's not. The set up is bare bones and simple: order at the counter, then they will call for you when your food is ready. The dosa's were excellent: crispy and (most importantly) not greasy! The chutneys are all house made and also excellent. The dosa's seem very large, but remember it's mostly empty space. Great place for niche South Indian fare.

Visited May 2013