“Terrific Body Slimming Treatment”
Review of The Body Klinic - CLOSED

The Body Klinic
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific Body Slimming Treatment”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I can say it was different - I had the detox (body slimming) wrap and I guess it was good because I'm going back I got the package - loved the products line too.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank malinda39

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I received a microdermabrasion at The Body Klinic”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I really enjoyed the customer service and the professionalism of the staff. I used to have acne problems and scars, i received a great treatment that showed results immediately after. The little issue is that my face was red for about 6 or 7 hours. When I woke up the next day I looked like a new person. Thank you very much Natasha and thank you Sophia for the small presents of skin care testers, I never experienced that treatment anywhere else.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AlexFit
Laurel, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing massage by Nona!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

If you are looking for a posh spacious spa, this is not for you. However, if you are looking for a GREAT massage this is definitely the place to go. Nona gave one of the best massages I have ever had (and I have had many).

The place is pretty small and doesn't have a lounge or tranquility area if that is something you look for.

1 Thank DEESRITE
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Do It!!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I bought a Groupon for the Mani-Pedi Paraffin Wax Treatment. The salon is pretty small and there is no place really for privacy. Someone was getting her hair blown dry and her toe nails polished at the same time, so I had to wait, even though I had an appointment. No problem though.

They eventually lead me over to a small table right next to the hair area. I think it was the owner who gave me the mani-pedi. When she asked if I wanted my cuticles cut, I told her no. She asked me if I was kidding. I told her that I had a bad experience before. She nodded. She pushed back my cuticles, but she still cut them, even after I told her that I didn't want it. The manicure took about 15 minutes. There was no paraffin wax involved in the manicure at all. I thought that the treatment Groupon was for, both, the manicure and pedicure. Guess I was wrong.

My fingers were still wet when she took me to a small awkward area to get the pedicure. It looked really nice though. It was a tiled bench that you had to step up on. It had pillows and magazines and there was a bowl with blue water and pebbled stones in it. Like I said, it looked great, but it wasn't really practical. I had to position myself on it so I didn't fall off and just the act of stepping up onto it was... ugh. When I had to get down, she had to help me to keep from slipping. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen back there. The steps are steep and wet feet on tiles is dangerous.

She let my feet soak, then she worked on them while I read. It seemed pretty quick. I've never had a pedicure done that fast. She poured hot wax into 2 plastic bags and put my feet in. It felt good, but since the bowl couldn't be moved, she had to turn me to the side and rest my feet on the side of the bowl, which felt uncomfortable. Nevertheless, it was finally over and I went home. Once I got there, I realized why the pedicure was so fast. She didn't scrub my feet. She didn't use the pumice, scrubber thingy, or anything. She just relied on the foot soak to take off the dead skin. How do you not pumice or scrub the bottom of the feet during a pedicure?? How was this a $100+ value? It wasn't!!

The one good thing is that I found a GREAT sterling silver jewelry store next door: Silver Legends at 2008 Walnut Street. I probably would never have seen that store had I not gotten the worst pedicure ever, so thanks Body Klinic! I'll stick with Total Serenity for my Center City pedicures from now on.

Visited March 2011