“Great food in a wonderful atmosphere”
Review of Talula's Garden

Talula's Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Talula's Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between Walnut and Locust
Description: Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We met friends who live in the Philadelphia area for dinner. They recommended that we meet at Talula's Garden, since it was one of their favorite restaurants in the city. The atmosphere was wonderful from the moment we entered the courtyard of the outdoor dining area until the moment we left. We had a rather secluded corner booth for our group of 5. We started our meal with cocktails and the World Travel Cheese Platter which was a collection of 8 International cheeses arranged from mildest to sharpest in taste and described in detail by a cheesemonger. I found it to be a wonderful start to our dinner and I'm not particularly food of cheese. I had Speghetti and Crab which was a unique pasta dish, unlike any I had previously. My wife had Potato Gnocchi in a fresh basil creme sauce. We both found the food impeccably prepared and the portions quite generous. The service was attentive and efficient without being intrusive. The food, atmosphere, and service made for a truly wonderful meal with our friends. My wife and I were very impressed and left believing that our friends could not have chosen a better place for our reunion.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked for the garden, but got shuttled to a table in the bar area. Next time we will hold our for the garden. Nice looking crowd, dressed up and looking pretty and handsome. Lots of young couples on dates, and it is very nice and impressive looking space. We had a nice waitress, who patiently answered our questions. Tried the scallop special, the swordfish and the steak. The food was OK, nothing impressive or "fantastic". The steak was truly pedestrian, with little flavor or spices, served with some too old asparagus spears and part of a mushroom. The swordfish was undone and hence had none of the flakiness associated with properly prepared swordfish.

This is the worst best place I have eaten at in Philadelphia. There are easily a dozen places with better food. That said, if I was trying to impress a date I would go to Talula's

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Consistently excellent. Dined outside in the garden. The cheese plates were amazing (international and US samplers). Main courses included the rabbit and crab pastas, the swordfish, and the scallops. All were excellent but the scallops were even better than that. Valet park for $18.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Great cheese varieties, pasta homemade, 4 course meal , trout great, blueberry cake with corn ice cream a bit off but otherwise fantastic, beautiful place, need reservations.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

How does one do better than this? Great food, service, wine and a beautiful environment. Second of what I hope will be many more visits. Fresh and inspired local cuisine. A must for anyone who loves fine food.