“A Good Walk”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Good Walk”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My wife loves this kind of stuff, but I'm more interested in looking at the architecture and hearing the history. This tour starts in Signers Park, and covers about a mile or so of sites in a 5 or 6 block diameter. Spent quite a bit of time in front of Indepence Hall and Washington Square at night, which is obviously safer to do in a large group such as this, so for $15 or $17 or whatever, you get 90 minutes worth of stories to go along with it. There's a lot of walk walk walk, stand around for 15 minutes while the guide tells a story, etc...so I can see this being boring for small children. Our guide was "Dan", who commented that he was a high school history teacher in his "real-life", so he was knowledgeable about the Old City, and was entertaining and friendly in answering questions.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mike S

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The only REAL Ghost Tour of Philadelphia”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The stories are historical and documented. The guides are enthusiastic and fun. I have taken the tour with kids and adults. The tours are geared towards those involved. The stories are the same, but the delivery is different. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I have only done the walking tour which is not that far. I look forward to one of their other tours the next time I am in town.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank mama0pe
Canberra, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“not worth it”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We did this tour thinking we would be hearing about ghosts around the town, there was not very many ghost stories at all, mostly history which wasn't all that interesting. The tour guide was friendly but both of us found him very hard to follow, the poor kids in the group would of had no chance. They all started getting bored and falling asleep fairly early in the tour, the guide didn't adjust his information to involve them at all. Overall, not what we expected and we were glad when it was over.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Emza85
Monroe, CT
“best tour ever!!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

the tour guide was very knowledgable and really gave my 8 year old daughter a spooky good time !!! everytime we would cross a street, my daughter would hold on to his cape which was the cutest thing ever !!! he seemed like he really knew his stuff and it also seemed like he really enjoyed his job. this tour was well worth more than we paid for!!!

Visited October 2012
New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“This was fun and lots of history learned”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

It was a wonderful walk, learned much history at the same time. A couple of the people in the tour did experience their fully charged batteries on their camera's suddenly going dead. Still hoping to find some ghostly images in the pics we took. Haven't been able to view all of them yet.

Visited July 2012