“Michael is Tops in Customer Service”

Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia
Ranked #16 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have had the privilege of staying at the Club Quarters in Philadelphia on business for a number of years now. Being in the customer service industry myself, I have learned to appreciate staff members who continually perform above and beyond for clients and customers. Michael, the Guest Service Manager, did just that for me during my stay in October. I walked out of the hotel to have dinner with co-workers and while at the restaurant discovered my cell phone with my credit card was missing from my purse. Panicked, I called the hotel and Michael answered. He offered to go to my hotel room and search the room to check if I had left my phone in my room.
He confirmed my suspicions and let me know I could relax and have dinner knowing my credit cards and phone were in good hands. This is just one of the many examples of Michaels professionalism and excellent customer service. While other hotels would have asked "housekeeping" to check out the situation and phone me back hours later, Michael chose to help me out personally. Every time I check in to Club Quarters I am greeted with a rambunctious "hello, welcome back" and a "can do" attitude.. I am confident that if and when a problem occurs, I can phone Michael and it will be fixed promptly and with professionalism and a smile. You have an excellent employee in Michael.

1  Thank Annmarie L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,530)

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed three nights at Club Quarters in Philadelphia while attending a large convention. The hotel was within walking distance of the convention center and many other downtown sites and restaurants. The room was small but neat, clean and quiet with all of the modern amenities -- a good, comfortable bed, enough outlets, ample closet space, wifi and hair dryer. The staff was friendly and helpful, helping us several times with good restaurant recommendations. Only two very minor quirks: The card keys, which are needed for both room and elevator, are tricky to use; you have to slide them just right. But I had the hang of it by the time I left. Secondly, the hotel seems to be oriented toward the travelling businessman, not the businesswoman. There was a strange selection of channels on the TV -- and nothing I wanted to watch. Otherwise, nice place!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Michael and Anthony were beyond helpful. They were exceedingly professional, but w/genuine warmth and generosity of spirit. This is a very high-end hotel w/wonderful amenities (except the fuzzy TV)The bedding and washroom = superb. Bonus: NO Weird hotel smells (too chemically clean or stale or generic.) Many hotel employees in Michael and Anthony's position at such a hotel exude an air of superiority, but not these two men. While driving through the city in search of the hotel, I phoned for some assistance. I expected to get get a quick answer and be left to my own devises. But no, Michael, did not tell me to pull over and plug in the address into my phone's google maps. He pulled out a map and guided me street by street to the hotel. Convenient parking across the street--not free, but discounted. Great location to walk and look at the public art of Philadelphia. (and safe--I'm a single woman who was totally comfortable walking from the Philadelphia Museum of Art to the hotel at 9 pm)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Excellent location near Rittenhouse Square. Rooms are smallish, but cozy. Management couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. Great snacks in the evening - cappuccino machine, m&ms, biscotti - and Davio's Restaurant (the hotel restaurant/bar in the lobby) is absolutely terrific.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

excellent location, friendly staff, I had a smallish but clean and modern room.
great amenities (cappuccino machine! cookies, working free WIFI etc..) I was only disappointed by the poor noise insulation (in spite of the 9th floor you could hear the street well, being in front of the elevator you could also appreciate whenever a guest was "landing" to the floor.
In general a positive stay.
Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent and properly price, albeit a bit slow.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This has a " in town" feel in the hopping district of Philly. They have cozey comfort rooms, a warm living room lobby with nice snacks and coffee, and a very attentive staff.Julie on the front desk was very helpful with tips in town and directions.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Staff really, really friendly and may I add, a very good looking staff as well! (Guys and gals alike!) Was not a big fan of this hotel. The lobby was really nice so I thought the room would be just as nice as well...not really. Dated for sure. Walls are thin. Heard my neighbor all night, just like Im sure they heard me! Good fitness center, though I didn't have time to work out in there, it was busy! Mall across the way. Parking across the street under the mall. $24 a day. You have to get a ticket from the parking deck and then have the hotel staff validate it to get the 24$ a day rate. Short walk to plenty of great restaurants and lounges! I have stayed at a bunch of CQ's before and this was my least fav location...Its not bad, just not the best.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple