“Stay Somewhere Else” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Arlington, Virginia
“Stay Somewhere Else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This is a hotel for business travelers? Seriously? Then why is there no closet or wardrobe in my room to hang up suits? Nor even a dresser? Nothing says "home" like draping your clothes over a shabby love seat. It's not for lack of space either, as there is plenty of under-utilized sterile space. Next, the only mirror is the one over the sink in the bathroom. Who threw this room together? Not a woman, as there is no blow-dryer either. Sure, I could call the front desk for one -- but I don't get a particular thrill out of emerging from a shower to wait for housekeeping staff to arrive with a simple appliance which should've been in the room to begin with. If you've read this far, you've certainly surmised by now that there is no iron in the room either. Don't get me started about the useless key card. None of the other guests can get theirs to work in the elevator. All this for $175/night? The staff are nice, but I'm tired of hotels who hope that the courtesy of their staff will compensate for their lack of consideration of their guests. The staff are the reason why I'm giving Club Quarters two stars instead of one. Go for one of the many other hotel options in Center City,

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank oneisawanderer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

From check-in to rainy day umbrellas, Joe proved that customer service is the focus of this location. I met my family for an extended weekend-after business travel brought me to PHL. This was a great change of pace location with a very welcoming lobby and always available refreshments. Joe was so friendly and accommodating - he saw us return from walking in the rain and brought us two umbrellas for our next day's jaunt. His foresight kept the next day's even-rainier weather from dampening our fantastic time tour of all the PHL historic sights! Would do it again. Thanks Guys.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be a bit quieter from the inner city noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LdR_RjR
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've been spending two days per week working out of Philadelphia and have found the Club Quarters to be a fine hotel for my overnight stays. It's convenient to Center City and plenty of dining options near Rittenhouse. The hotel is clean and well kept, a free espresso machine along with free bottles of water are a very nice added touch. Espressos can be found in the very nice and comfortable lobby while it appeared free bottled water was available on all floors. Rooms were straightforward, nothing special but clean with a very modern feel. Only possible draw back is that the rooms are slightly small, not an "average" size hotel room.

I've been through several hotels for my weekly stay and have found the Club Quarters to be the best for the price.

Room Tip: Free espresso in lobby!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visiting Philly at least once a year, Club Quarters was chosen by my husband. He reviewed Trip Advisor and thought I would love it. Well, we both loved our stay...and sorry we only spend one night.
The lobby was comfy and welcoming. Multiple seating areas, cozy chairs, and refreshments for all. They even have a in-house restaurant and bar, that was filled with very happy people. Everyone we asked loved their meals. (Previous commitment deferred our dining.)
Elegant, old, and quaint features. Rooms are small but very clean and comfortable.
My advice is...rest up in the cozy beds, treat yourself to amazing food and spirits, and celebrate the art of their customer service. We WILL be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask the staff! They are open to your comfort and well being.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed for five nights in the Club Quarters while in Philadelphia for an audition. The location is great: in the centre of town, close to many shops and restaurants and arts/culture, but still a thoroughly safe area even for a lone female traveller. The concierge Michael was simply superb: he went out of his way to recommend restaurants and places for me to visit, giving me vouchers for free drinks at a local bar and extremely helpful at all times. The room was very comfortable, on the 12th floor, with free access to the fitness room, purified water and several vending machines. The hotel doesn't have its own restaurant as such, but clients get 15% off Davio's Italian steakhouse in the same building, (which is excellent, if rather pricey), who are very happy to do a table for one. You can also have food delivered to your room from a wide range of local restaurants. One note: Davio's advertises itself as being open until 23:00, but I returned at 22:15 on one night and was unable to order either food or a drink, and the bar staff are nowhere near as friendly as either the restaurant or the hotel staff. The lounge area in the lobby does provide free coffee, soda and some snacks, and there is complimentary tea and coffee in the rooms. Would very happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it was recommended by my daughter's music school. I was not very excited to stay here due to some billing issues I had even before I arrived at the hotel. When we checked in I explained these issues to Leah at the front desk and she came to my rescue! She said she would contact her manager about the charges and the next day she told me they were off of my bill. She showed us rooms until we found one that we liked and Even offered us a room away from other guests so my daughter could practice her music. Leah gave us great REAL service! She never promised something she couldn't deliver like many others do in customer service.
The hotel itself was convenient, close to dining and my daughter's school, and offer some cool features (ipads & cold bottled water). But the service really put this place over the top!

Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

For my second time being in Philly and checking-in at such short notice, the room was amazing, the staff was excellent, and the restaurant at happy hour was to die for!! I just wished that the restaurant will stay open till 12am. Thanks Club Quarters staff for making my stay memorable!

Room Tip: I know people like to pay for suites, but the smallest queen size room was cozy, great space, and af...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo