“An ok hotel for a short stay”

Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Vienna
“An ok hotel for a short stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip in early August. My room was extra small and a bit outdated but clean. They do have self check-in terminals and the staff was not really happy to assist me when I arrived late at night. However, overall a place where one can spend a couple of days.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here one night while in town for an open house at Drexel University. I picked it because it is walking distance to the college. Absolutely loved the atmospheres and rooms. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Nice filtered water filling stations on every floor. Staff was available and helpful 24/7. Plan on staying there again next month.

1 Thank Onelittlecherry
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I ended up at this hotel via Priceline's name your own price section. You name your price and area, and you don't know what hotel you get until the bid is accepted. Typically I would have expected (as they usually do) for them to provide brand name hotels but I had never heard of Club Quarters before. Regardless, it seemed OK and it was in the area we needed so I didn't think there would be an issue.

Checking in was done by a kiosk at the reception desk, though there was someone to assist us with that right away. Once we were checked in, we waited some time for an elevator (check in time was pretty busy and there are 2 elevators here). Our room was the smaller of the rooms available here, but it was suitable for our overnight stay. Any more than one night and I would have had issues with the very small bathroom. The bed also was not too comfortable. The room itself seemed clean enough though. Now for my biggest complaint:

When we checked out we received a receipt that showed we owed nothing, a $0 balance. When I got home however, I saw a $50 dollar charge on my credit card from them! They did not warn me this would happen and since I booked on Priceline I thought our payment was complete. I've called the hotel and had to leave a message with their billing department, but after some online research I found that they hold a $50 charge for a few days for any "incidentals" that may show to them after your stay. This is ridiculous. You need to tell people about this! If I knew this I would have not panicked when I saw a random $50 charge I knew nothing about on my bank statement. It would have also been nice for them to tell me about this so that I could have given them another card if needed (like most hotels ASK you if you want to use another card for any extra charges!).

In conclusion the hotel was conveniently located, the staff is nice and the room was acceptable for one night, but I am annoyed about this $50 charge that they don't bother to let you know about. If you have to stay here and you have no choice, go for it. If you can go somewhere better for a little extra I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: Apparently you can upgrade to a better room for $25 dollars, no one there bothered to tell us that...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Great value, very clean, the staff wrre very customer focused. The room service was fast, the food was exactly to my specifications. The location was a great benefit, I was attending a concert at HRC and it was well within walking distances. Great experience, I truly appreciated the great staff and service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you're stopping in Philly for a visit, Club Quarters is in a great location right near Rittenhouse Square (lots of restaurants, shopping, near the Amtrak train station for a day trip up to NYC or down to DC). The rooms are a little small and the older but clean. There is a business center with free printing and internet access, free yoga equipment check out from the concierge, free nespresso/tea available in the lobby, and free chilled water (and water bottles) by the elevator on each floor. I booked through hotels.com at a discounted price and so, for $114 ($90 + taxes), I thought it was worth it. Club Quarters doesn't have an airport shuttle, but you can hop on Express Shuttle or a few other shared rides at the Philly airport and they'll drop you off right in front of the hotel.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Club Quarters in Philadelphia is an average hotel, nothing bad about it but nothing great, either. Getting into the hotel is a bit of a pain since you have to take an elevator one floor to the main lobby. The main lobby looks neat, though.

Service was good as they were accommodating. Rooms were okay, small and nothing special about them. I thought the hotel floor was extremely noisy. I wouldn't stay here again because of the noise.

Location is close to Rittenhouse Square, which is nice. However, the street the hotel is on is a bit run down. Not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank La_fl_drew
Usa
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

In the heart of Philly, near Rittenhouse Square, boutiques and restaurants. Rooms are simple, with only shower facility.
Great business center at no extra cost which is terrific. Service is first rate and staff tries to be helpful and they score high on customer service.

• Stayed August 2014