Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$238
US$230
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$274
US$255
Doubletree.com
2,655 results
All reviewspurified watergreat locationfront deskrooms are smallliberty placecenter cityrite aidchestnut streetrittenhouse squarecoffee machinecentral locationacross the streetchecking inparking garagebed was comfortablebusiness trippublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2009

This is our second visit to Philadelphia in a couple of months (see my review for Windsor Suites) as we liked it so much the first time we wanted to come back for our Anniversary.
I chose Club Quarters based on location and price. When I booked, I noticed that for a bit more money you can get a Superior room, so I booked it. I'm glad I did! Room was bigger than what the standard would be, had really high ceilings (almost 20'!) and a big beautiful window. Now, some amenities might not be to everyone's liking, but this is what we got.
Queen Bed
Table/Desk
LCD TV
Kitchenette with coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, sink, cabinets with utensils and plates.
Bathroom is small with a shower - no tub.

Yes, as some reviewers noticed that the check-in process is different because you have kiosks and less "member services" staff, but it works. Another unique feature is that all room items are located in closets on selected floors so if you need linens, coffee, creamer, irons, etc. you can just go to the closets.
Fitness room is average, but I saw a sign on the elevator that indicates you can request an eliptical machine or stairclimber for your room!

In house restaurant is a bit more upscale (in pricing), but if you are a guest and have the bill charged to your room they'll give you a 15% discount.

And, all of this is housed in an historic building on a nice street corner.

I'm glad I chose the room I did at a price less than the major chains. But, if you are used to 4 or 5 star hotels, this might not be for you.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2009

As other reviews note, you get a small but clean room and bathroom. Location is great, price was OK (we got it through Priceline for about $100/night). BUT--if you are a business person who needs solid broadband internet to work while you're here, forget it. They have WiFi in the rooms, and the quality of the signal is fine, but the routers lack the capacity for anything but the lightest web browsing. VPN sometimes works--slowly--at odd hours.
Also service, while friendly enough, is spotty. Had to call three times to get a new lightbulb, additional shampoo was not provided when the room was cleaned, etc. The gym is a joke--creaky cardio equipment, a rack of anemic dumbells 10lbs and below. This is at best a 2 1/2-star hotel, all things considered.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank arnamdo470
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I'd never stayed at a Club Quarters before, but two friends of mine had stayed at the Club Quarters in Philadelphia on separate occasions and both recommended it highly. It was cheap, clean, and comfortable, and my view from the 9th floor was great! Location wise, it couldn't be better...it's right next to subway and bus stops, and on a nice day, the walk to the old city is great. It's also close to the Greyhound bus terminal and several ZipCar locations which was perfect for my trip.

I spent only $100 on a Saturday night which to me is unheard of -- and kind of amazing -- especially for such a decent hotel in the middle of a city. The bed was so comfy, there was free wireless internet (although I didn't get a signal at the desk and had to use it from the bed), the carpet had a big stain right in the middle but it didn't ruin my time there. Also, the elevators were running extremely slowly because only one was in service but still not a huge deal. There was free bottled water in the halls, the gym was excellent (and they bring certain equipment to your room if you so desire), and the big heavy curtains were excellent at keeping out the morning sun and allowing me to sleep until check out! Gadgets in the room -- like the cordless phone, TV, LCD alarm clock, etc -- are more up-to-date than in any hotel I've stayed at.

There aren't really any frills or luxuries at this hotel, but it's perfect for the travelers who need a super comfortable place to sleep for a few nights. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I read a lot of reviews about there being "too much noise" from the street, but...you're in a city. What do you expect? If you don't like it, turn on the fan for some white noise to lull you to sleep, or go back to your farm. Also -- they offer self check in/out, but the staff was great and attentive. Very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank LollyNYC
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Stayed here Friday to Monday for a short getaway with my wife. The Good: great location, very reasonable price for right-in-town location, very clean, beds were comfortable, nice view from our 12th floor window. The Bad (and not really so bad, considering) small room, small bathroom (shower only) nothing special about the place, just functional accomodations. The Ugly: It costs $28/day(with hotel discount) for your car to stay here, with no in/out privelege. We ended up using public transportation to get around, which is not so bad-bus and subway stops a few blocks away. You COULD take your car out, but it's gonna cost you $15 an HOUR to park in this area.

Would we stay here again? If I win the lottery or a rich relative dies, no. Otherwise, $114/night is extremely reasonable. If you're looking for a fancy, upscale experience, look somewhere else; but if you just need a good jumping-off place, the Club Quarters fits the bill.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank granolagirl14
Reviewed 14 April 2009

If you're looking for a clean, inexpensive, safe room in a great part of the city-then look no further. Club quarters met all of my expectations. 3 walking blocks from the rail station (airport transportation) and 30 minutes walking from every attraction in the ENTIRE city. The reading lobby was comfortable-free coffee, tea, and water every day-all day long. Newspapers/books and computers for guests to use. They even lent me an umbrella on a rainy day. My only complaint was that 1 of 2 elevators was operational--so a lot longer wait time every time I went/left my room.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple