“Great location, clean, but expensive parking.”

Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, clean, but expensive parking.”
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Title says it all. If only they could have secured a better discount than 15% off the local parking lot, this place would have been perfect

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I had the smallest room between the 4 of us that went to Philadelphia, but it was clean, it was comfortable, and there weren't many noises from the inside. That being said, our first night in town was a Saturday night, and if you've got a room that is on the side of the hallway that is away from the elevators it is located right over a cab stand. We didn't get much sleep that night, but it was much better on Sunday night. We didn't eat dinner at the restaurant, Davios, however the breakfast was absolutely terrific and more than reasonably priced. Overall I will look for Club Quarters locations when I travel again, and when we go back to Philadelphia next year will make sure to eat breakfast everyday at Davios. Oh, as a side note, you've got to park at the Liberty Mall across the street, as there is no "hotel" parking.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Arlington, Ma
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I was so pleasantly surprised. I was looking at colleges with my daughter and booked the room sort of at the last minute. The room was very nice, clean, quiet and it was right in the heart of Philadephia. Wonderful ammenities and staff. I will always look to see if there is a club quarters in the city I am headed to!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We are not club quarters members and I had never heard of them before. I was looking for a hotel in downtown Philly and did a mapquest search and it came up. Most of the other hotels in downtown were booked or very expensive (over $300/night). CQ came up and was around $125/night. I booked it. Its rooms were a little small, but on the whole, was the quality of a 4 star hotel.

Great value. Great Location. Great Service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Booked through hotwire. Was expecting a major hotel but got this one. For the price, seemed a little pricey. Not your typical hotel.
Cons: Didn't seem to be too much staff.
Asked for extra pillows at night and was directed to a closet on a different floor.

Pros:
Kitchen in Room
Clean
Central Location
Helpful and Nice Front Dest
I would recommend if got a better price than the $200 a night we paid.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We had a wonderful experience at Club Quarters Philadelphia. We took a train in from the airport and the Metro station was just a few blocks away. A bus stop is also located right outside the hotel.
The location can't get any better...steps away from shopping, cafes, bars, and restaurants on Chestnut St., and walking distance to Rittenhouse Square and other attractions. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, which is convenient though we didn't dine there ourselves.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They remembered us by the 2nd day, which is a nice touch that you don't find at many large chain hotels.
The room itself was spacious and charming with an antique-style secretary desk and extra sitting/work space with plenty of lighting. The bed was comfy and the room temperature was easy to control even during our stay on an unpredictable March weekend! The bathroom was also very spacious, with plenty of nice marble counterspace. The carpet was a bit worn in some spots, but we considered it to be part of the building's "historic charm", and the room itself was very clean.
We were lucky enough to have a corner room, and we enjoyed watching the bustle of Chestnut St. below us, even on the weekends. Surprisingly, street noise was not an issue for us, even with the 2 large windows facing the busy streets. We seemed to have stayed on a busy weekend, so the elevators were running slowly, which is the only minor qualm I can think of.
Two great perks of the hotel: free wireless internet access, and free water bottles that you can fill from the purified water cooler on the 1st floor.
Club Quarters is very inviting and comfortable, and I'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I had to book a last minute trip to Philly and all the hotels in Center City were way out of my price range, so I logged on to Expedia to see what I could find and the Club Quarters was showing a $94 a night rate. I'm not a fan of third party websites, I work in the industry and figure "why give money to a third party when I can probably get the same rate or a lower rate booking directly?" so I called the hotel and tried to set up a reservation directly, the person on the phone was beyond curt, she was borderline rude all she said was "Book on our website and that's what we have sir, I cannot make a reservation for you" ooooooook, I was tempted to book at a different location but figured maybe someone was having a bad day. I am glad I did!!!

First off, the hotel is functional and efficient, I was in the city for one night and I really didn't need any bells and whistles, the room was spacious enough for me, it was very clean and it was staged in a way that made it feel open and spacious. The bathroom was small (like really really small) but again I was only there for a night so it didn't really affect me.
The front desk staff was nice... though a bit standoff-ish and matter of fact but whatever... my only peeve was that the blowdryer in the room did not work, I found it very weird that there was no iron or ironing board in my room either and the placement of the tv made for an akward position when trying to watch from the bed... Little details that I noticed but did not affect me directly
Would I stay here again... maybe and that would be only for a short trip. The overall feel of the hotel was utilitarian, it had the basics but no WOW factor.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business