“Good location, average hotel, much noise”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
LEWES
“Good location, average hotel, much noise”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed at this property on 11/2 because we needed to be in center city early Sunday. When we entered the hotel, we were greeted by a boisterous (loudness, drinking, vulgarity) gathering of motorcycle club members in the lobby. The check-in experience was pleasant enough, but when we went up to our no-smoking room, it reeked of stale tobacco smoke. And the guests across the hall were extremely loud (we could hear them clearly through their closed door and ours.
We were moved to another room after a hotel employee also easily could detect the odor.
The hotel has a restaurant, but we couldn't eat there because of the unaddressed ruckus from the lobby. So we went to another hotel for dinner. The lobby party was still going strong when we returned from our meal, and even the bar and dining staff said the noise was costing them business, but no one seemed to do anything about it.
There was no complimentary breakfast and the prices were high, so we just left early Sunday morning.
Next time, I'll book a different hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the runways are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ontheroadagain09_9
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear ontheroadagain09_9,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Points. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, however, sorry that the other in-house guests made for a satisfactory experience. We hope this experience does not deter you from trying us out again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I could live with the confusion about my registration because I booked through a large company organizing a conference in the city. I could live with the less than pristine rooms (this is near Philadelphia airport). I can even live with the VERY noisy elevator that woke me up every single time a traveler went to, or exited, their floor since the building was full (DON'T LET THEM PUT YOU IN THE ROOMS BEHIND THE ELEVATOR). I can even live with the frustration that I ordered ice cream which came up half melted with only a fork as an eating utensil. But their staffing plan is a BIG PROBLEM. Every morning there was only one person at the front desk to help people checking in, checking out, ordering cabs, asking questions, etc.. and this became a HUGE problem - long lines, a frantic staff person, and frustrated late guests. In fact, I was not able to get my check-out paperwork because after a 40 minute wait I had to catch a cab to make my departure. Now........I can't get anyone at the hotel to send me my receipt! I call, I leave messages, but they keep acting like this is a hard thing to do!!!! Wow........this stay would have been worse if it was on my dollar versus my firms dollar --- so this will turn into a 'POOR' rating if I can't get the receipt for reimbursement!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are participating in a convention at the Philadelphia Convention center try to stay closer...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Suzette M,
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We apologize for the slow checkout you received. We typically only have one agent working during the day as most of our checkouts occur before 6AM. However, that does not excuse the service you received. We will take this feedback into account and will look to make improvements during our busy times. Thank you for sharing and we hope this visit does not deter you from returning in the future.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The room was quiet and very convenient to the airport. Unfortunately, the room was dirty to the point of disgusting. There were hairs on the bathroom floor, some picked their nose and wiped it on the wall and maids never removed it, there was good on my chair and when I sat down it stuck to my shirt, to name a few issues. This could be a very solid hotel but management is obviously not paying attention (staff was more interested in their cell phones than cleaning or helping others). Someone from upper management needs to stay here and then make some changes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom W
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Tom W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're glad you enjoy our convenient location. However, we're sorry to hear your room was not up to your expectations. We do realize our property is in need of updating and working towards plans to improve.
Tiffin, Ohio
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed recently for 5 nights while attending a trade show at the Philadelphia Convention Center downtown.

What was good:
•The lobby and bar/breakfast area was fairly nice
•The staff was friendly
•It was easy to catch a cab out front to escape; about 15 minute cab ride into downtown. Flat rate is $28.50.

What was bad:
•First morning there, no hot water on our entire floor for morning showers (at least from 7-9 am)
•The elevator was scary. Each time I rode in it, I thought I was going to get stuck.
•The hallways are pretty shoddy with filthy carpets, and visible signs of water damage.
•The rooms need some major attention; there was hair all over in my newly checked-in room and dirty floors.
•The toilet in my room ran every time I flushed.
•Paper-thin walls
•$12 a day to park

Our group stayed here because we were in a jam and due to the convention, all other rooms were sold out. That being said, for the price of this room, I would have expected a little better.

The Sheraton Suites next door appears to be a nicer hotel. I had dinner there one night and it was excellent. So, if you do try the 4 Points, go for a little walk next door for some other dining options. Aloft across the parking lot also has a nice bar area.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Gizmo22,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay in Philadelphia. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly staff. We are aware that our hotel is a bit dated and in need of some improvements and appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for sharing and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a quick overnight before an early flight-it was super reasonable at $97.00 AAA Rate so I have it a shot. Overall it was just ok. The gal at check in super nice and accommodating. The lobby was redone and welcoming. Close to hotel and easy to grab the shuttle. The rooms however, average, seem a bit dated though I must say the bed was super comfortable. The hallways need some work-looks like you are entering a shady motel, so doesn't make you feel very safe and welcoming when you get off the elevator. Nice touch in the showers with shampoo and conditioner dispensers versus the mini bottles which I always feel I waste-that said you just hope other previous guests don't tamper with the contents!

• Stayed October 2013
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear seversandheller,
Thank you for choosing Four Points during your recent visit to Philadelphia. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our accessibility to the airport, free airport shuttle, our signature Four Comfort bed, and green practices we've implemented at the hotel. We are aware that our hotel needs a bit of a facelift, however, the team we've employed here is top notch and you will surely have a great stay in the future.
United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend while attending a few concerts in the area and visiting family in town. The hotel is clean, the staff was very friendly at check in and check out. Our room was clean upon arrival and when we returned the next day after being out all day with our family. They have changed since our last visit in 2010 from having toiletries in the bathroom to having dispensers in the shower/tub area with shower gel/shampoo/conditioner in them. You still get soap and lotion as your toiletries. The sink/vanity area is outside of the toilet/tub area. Not sure about the wi-fi as we didn't use it. I know I saw a computer in the lobby that you could use. Room had a coffee/tea maker and complimentary water bottles. There was a nice size flat screen TV with a lot of channels to choose from. We were in a King Room which was a good size. It was quiet considering we were at the airport and very quiet as far as room to room noise as well. We did not eat here or use their outdoor pool, so I can't comment on that. They had a small bar in the lobby that seemed nice but we didn't partake. The bed was extremely comfortable and possibly one of the best beds I have ever slept in. Parking is gated and has gone up to $12/night since our last stay when it was $7. You get a ticket for entry/exit and need to swipe your room key to exit as well. The Sheraton Suites, the Aloft, and this hotel all share the same gated parking area. It's a very nice area, easy to get to but not much around. There is a Ruby Tuesday around the corner on Essington and straight down on Island Ave/Rt 291 is a strip mall with a McDonald's and an Asian Buffet that I could see from driving by. Obtained a great rate on Priceline for the two nights. Only additional charge was parking. I would definitely stay here again either to fly out of PHL or to go to the sports complex area in South Philly or other theaters in the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Clark Fork, Idaho
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was greeted like I was a very special guest. Was just a short stop over for an early flight departure. The room was large and clean and very comfortable and nice.
Very comfortable bed. I would gladly go back. I didn't have to wait very long for the shuttle

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear DarylandSherry,
Thank you for choosing Four Points. We're glad you loved our accessibility to the airport. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.