Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #59 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My fiance and I missed our flight connection in Philadelphia so the airline put us up for the night in this hotel. It's located about 5 minutes from the airport- there is a shuttle that comes by every few minutes to pick up guests. It's right off the highway in a little area with three other Sheraton properties. It seemed safe because there was a gate into the parking lots.

The front lobby was nice and the desk staff was very sweet and checked us in right away and helped us with toiletries since we didn't have our luggage.

The room was nice and everything seemed updated except the bathroom. You had to hold down the toilet handle for awhile to get it to fully flush. The shower had good pressure and was warm. Also, the sink is inside the room, not with the shower and toilet. I actually prefer it that way.

The bed was extremely comfy. I thought that room was very clean and big. I didn't hear any noise outside the window. In the morning, I could hear another guest in a room over showering.

The shuttle was right there the next morning to take us to the airport.

Overall we had a nice, but quick stay. Would have been great if they had a free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear VEF1,
We're sorry to hear you missed your connection, however, we're happy you were able to try us out for a night and enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your kind words. We hope the next time you're visiting Philadelphia, you will choose Four Points as your home away from home.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The clerk behind the desk was nice enough at check in. Our room was ok. Nothing fancy. 5th floor and there had been a pretty good leak in our room through the ceiling, but nothing done to patch it.
We were mostly disappointed by the bartender. We had been to a concert and skipped having a beer because we knew we had to drive back to the hotel. I called the hotel. They stated the bar was open til 11. We rushed back so that we could enjoy a cocktail before bed. It was 10:55 and "David" wouldn't serve us. We were upset by this, but a nice patron at the bar informed us that the Sheraton next door was still open. We walked over there and had a drink and some food and had great service from Tracey. We fly out of Philadelphia often and next time will stay at a different property. Overall, just average. Not thrilled.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I thought they did an amazing job with my stay! I had a request even after my stay due to forgetting a personal item in my room and they did everything to fulfill my request. They told me it was overnighted and gave me a tracking number just to make sure I had everything I needed. They go above and beyond expectation and it was so refreshing to know I didn't lose something important. I highly recommend it. I appreciated the staff and such great service.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Lho2640,
It was our pleasure to host you during your recent visit to Philadelphia. We're happy we could assist you in locating your misplaced item. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Im very concerned by some of the reviews of this hotel. We cancelled our reservation today because I called to speak to the Manager to ask if some of these issues have been addressed and we could reasonably find our stay enjoyable and safe. I was put on hold when asking for the manager for a few minutes. I swear the same person came back on the phone. I Asked if they had made any improvements or addressed some of the issues outlined in some of the concerning reviews and my question was answered with a simple "NO"

well that's all i needed to hear.. We enjoy the Sheraton Brand in many other cities but Philadelphia will not be one of them.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Romeo P,
Thank you for your concerns. We're sorry to hear you did not end up staying with us. As a future reference, this is the Four Points hotel. We are a different brand from Sheraton, but we fall under the Starwood Hotels family. Four Points is one of our limited service properties offering our travelers what matters most like stylish rooms, comfortable beds, free Internet, coffee and water. We hope you reconsider us and that you will give us a try in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We found the accommodations to be a bit dated but in very good shape and repair. Everything was very clean and the King bed was very comfortable. We got a good night sleep every night. Not noisy and the service was excellent. I thought there was a fridge in the room which there wasn't but they were kind enough to bring one up to the room for us. We ate off premises so I cannot remark on the food. The bar area was lively.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room away from the elevator which was prefect.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Latana H,
Thank you for sharing. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Philadelphia. Thank you for your constructive feedback, we will definitely take this into account for future reference. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Got this hotel on an online service and didn't pay much so I got what I paid for value-wise. I was there as a solo traveler, to be near the airport, coming in from Europe and going to California the next day. It was convenient and had the efficient airport shuttle service (shared with Aloft and Sheraton Suites) that I needed, both coming and going to the airport as well as taking me to the airport the second morning, to get to Center City on SEPTA. I appreciate a reliable shuttle service. A hit!

I was impressed with the hotel upon check-in. Nice tiled lobby area, efficient and friendly staff and a restaurant/bar in the lobby which was handy for dinner. Nothing fancy, but right there. Pleasant surprise was that the bartender (female) was friendly and efficient and I had one of the best bowls of clam chowder I've had in sometime.

Stayed in room 206 -- view of the freeway, with the resultant traffic noise.. The narrow hallway looked like a college dorm --- ugly carpet with roller painted doors in brown. The room was very tiny, with a large odd heating element attached to the wall. The sink was in the room and the bathroom was tiny. The regular appliances were provided (coffee pot, hair dryer, iron, 32" flatscreen) but nothing extra, such as a mini fridge or safe.

Color combination was brown, blue and yellow. Felt rather disjointed. Drawer units were odd, with baskets. Light fixtures were chrome, funky things. The odd, (also) funky headboard (woven plastic ribbon strips in dark and light blue) took over the room but there were some attractive aeronautic-themed graphic prints on the walls. Desk and wifi worked fine. The surprise was that the bedding (bed and pillows) were extremely comfortable. Just what I needed after a long international flight followed by a very long train ride across New Jersey.

Next morning, I went to Aloft across the parking lot for breakfast as the Four Points restaurant looked too sterile and I like Aloft's upbeat style. Not many choices. After that, a very nice shower with a very solid grab bar and non-slippery surface (much appreciated, after staying in a number of hotels that seem to encourage slippage, with nothing to hang onto). The bath products (shampoo and bath gel, etc.) were on the wall in the shower which I also like as you can easily get as much as you want without dropping them in the shower.

Hotel and my room were clean but with the odd decorating (especially the "dated" unwelcoming hallway) and very small room (seemed too small for two people, even) and noise level from outside, the hotel came across as in need of some TLC. The hotel was OK for one night but wouldn't have been comfortable for me, traveling as a single, much beyond that.

Room Tip: Get one away from the freeway if possible. Maybe on a higher floor than the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear MarlySF,
Thank you for choosing Four Points during your stop over to California. We're glad you enjoyed our convenient location and shuttle service and had a comfortable stay. Four Points offers the necessities you need when you travel without the fluff. That being said, we are aware the our hotels is in need of a facelift and working on plans to make that happen. Thank you so much for sharing and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel in the last 3 months. I wish I would have written a review the first time so I could have reminded myself not to stay here again. It is in need of repairs. The chair at the desk was ripped all over. I wouldn't even keep that chair in my own house! The room itself is okay. Small bathroom but I like that the sink/mirror is outside the toilet/shower so 2 people can get ready at the same time. The carpet in the hallway needs to be cleaned or replaced. The ceiling in the hallway is peeling. I don't mean a few peels here and there I wouldn't complain about that, it happens. I am talking about the WHOLE ceiling is peeling.

No free breakfast, which I have come to expect at most hotels these days. Not here, and in my opinion the hotel restaurant was too expensive. We drove a couple of miles to a place called Penrose Diner. Excellent breakfast and prices.

Here is where I got worried. Last time I stayed here I remembered a man at the front desk. He was asking them why his key didn't work. They proceeded to tell him that according to their records he was checked out. So they removed all of his possessions and put them in storage. Bummer for him right? Well...on my first night I was in the lobby and a man came to the front desk and wanted to know why his key didn't work. Yep, the exact same scenario. I don't know about you, but when I stay at a hotel all of my stuff is everywhere in the room. Toiletries in the bathroom, shoes on the floor, clothes hanging, papers on the table, etc. I couldn't imagine someone other than me gathering all of my belongings and packing them up to put in storage. Needless to say, I verified that I was scheduled for two nights. I just found it odd that the same scenario happened both times I stayed here. I don't know if it is the fault of the employees or the guest.

In the future, I will not stay here again. There are other hotels in the same lot. I will look into those instead.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Californiahockeymom,
Thank you for choosing Four Points. We're sorry to hear your recent visit did not meet your expectations. We are aware that our hotel is in need of a facelift and hoping we have a full renovation in 2015. In the meantime, we have scheduled to upgrade a few things such as our elevators and desk chairs. As for our staff moving a guest's items to storage, this is not a reoccuring thing. We had a guest report that his lock was not working and we were unable to fix it. Rather than leave his things unsecure, we catalogued the items and moved them for the guest upon their return from the day. We do understand how this could be concerning, but our guests' safety, security, and comfort are our top priorities. Thanks for sharing and we hope this experience does not deter you from returning the next time you're in the Philadelphia area.