“Not at all worth the price”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #57 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not at all worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was pretty unimpressed by this hotel. I travel regularly for business and had not stayed at a Four Points by Sheraton before. Unfortunately, I thought this was overpriced and only adequate for a quick business stay.

Major problems:
-Shuttle service supposed to be "on the :20" which was more like on the hour or more, especially during the day. I called them 3 times to get that shuttle to pick me up at the airport! I then used it to get to the airport in the evening and the driver also was not there on the :20 and nowhere near it... the hotel is like 7 minutes from the airport, come on.

-Decor was outdated (90s) and in some places, it looked like they had just thrown a coat of paint over some rusty metal.
-Less than secure access to the guest rooms directly off the lobby restaurant - the door was supposed to be closed to the stairway but instead it was stuck open because the paint was not done well and it kept it propped open.
-Breakfast area/restaurant appearance was less than satisfactory - all of the bakery cases were completely empty, even when the restaurant was open! It made me feel, as a guest, that I had no idea where my breakfast was coming from, because the counter area was not well lit and there was absolutely nothing in the bakery cases.

-When I checked in, I was supposed to get breakfast vouchers as a part of our agreed upon rate. They never gave me the vouchers, so I ended up paying for 2 breakfasts. Some other people from my company were staying there and got their vouchers... so I assumed that if I went back at the end of my stay, the hotel would expense my 2 breakfasts my company paid for. To my disappointment, the guest services clerk said there was "NO WAY" to reimburse me for the breakfasts. That is an unacceptable answer.

-My room was not turned over the first day I stayed there. I did not leave the "do not disturb" sign up, so I don't know what happened. I had to ask for it to be changed at 5 PM when I stepped out for dinner.

-In room supplies were not replenished. I had to ASK for more coffee packets to be delivered to my room each day I was there. Also, the shampoos/conditioners/body soap smell like some terrible cheap flower scent. Having to be presentable to a group of business professionals, I was embarrassed to have to use those products... they were nowhere near unisex in scent and they were super runny and thin coming out of those dispensers stuck up on the wall of the shower.

Positives:
-Most staff were friendly
-Good breakfast menu
-Close to the airport

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank daveengel1
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear daveengel1,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear about your negative experiences at our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding the shuttle service and breakfast vouchers. Rest assured these comments will be passed along and reviewed.

We appreciate your business, and hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here expecting a snow storm in the morning and the cost of rooms at the Marriott was totally outrageous. The rooms were quite okay and parking was tight but I found a spot. The room rate was a good deal and I recommend this hotel to anybody that doesn't want to burn a hole in their pocket.

Room Tip: Noise in rooms facing the main road
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I know hotel chains have their budget brands but this Four Points was little better than a roadside motel foe truckers.

Seriously understaffed, with one guy in the dining area for breakfast on the busy Penn relays weekend. He confidently takes our order then comes back 10 mins later to take it again because he forgot he had done so already. This is after we told him we were in a hurry.

Housekeeping cleans the room, replaces only 1 coffee pouch (there were originally 2) and doesn't even clear the percolator.

I particular enjoyed the garage sale desk chair with it's peeling faux leather.

I would not recommend this hotel, but rather stay at the Aloft next door which had much friendlier and motivated staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank waynomiller
Dear Waynomiller,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear you did not find our dining area properly staffed and the conditions of your room to be poor. I have passed this along to our operations team to review. We appreciate the feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had an early flight out of Philly and needed a place to park the car for a week. This hotel was perfect. 2 minutes to the airport, great price for the nights stay and a weeks parking and shuttle back and forth to the airport. Hotel had a bar and restaurant as well. Room was average size and clean...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear cartaynic,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear you had a great stay and found our amenities and location to be ideal.

Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the four points by sheraton due to my flight being cancel, by us airways and I wasn't happy at all. I Waited 20 min. For a shuttle pickup . Once I got their it was 2am in the morning and I was greeted by a young lady behind the desk name Annette she was excellent and very help she answer all my question and maked me feel like things were going to be ok. Because I was with my family their was no food available and she recommended that I go to the aloft for some food for my family. So I did and was also greeted by another young lady name kyone she was helpful too and also maked some recommended as well. My experience there was excellent due to the overnight staff their.

Room Tip: Room were great
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were put up in the hotel because of a missed connection. Very easy to get to with the hotel shuttle bus. The staff were very accommodating but the rooms were clean but badly equipped, tired and in desperate need of refurbishment. The beds were comfy but small for a double. The food in the restaurant was disgusting and over priced.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Swaff M,

Thanks so much for your review. We're pleased that you were able to enjoy our comfortable beds, but regret to hear you did not many of our amenities.

We appreciate your comments as that allows us to focus on where we can improve upon for our future guests.
Spring Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

For a quick one night stay... this was all we needed! We had great front desk service... even helped us to find good pizza late at night! :) The rooms were clean, free bottled water, and free shuttle to and from the airport...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank brian and krist... v
Dear brian and kirst...v,

Thanks for pleasant review. We're pleased that had a pleasant stay and that we were able to assist you with great food & beverage alternatives.

We hope to see you again soon. Take care!