“its a clean place to stay by the airport”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Phoenix, Arizona
“its a clean place to stay by the airport”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It has free wifi and only thing its missing is free breakfast. If you have some status you get free parking if you dont - you will be paying for that. I stayed here for an overnight for a flight next day.
the computer in the lobby had the mouse intermittent and unusable - the hotel staff were nice enough to print out my boarding pass for me. It would be interesting to see if they fix it or not. The people who work here are helpful and friendly. I rang the front desk for a wake up call and the phone rings and rings and nobody answers it. Walked down and requested it in person. They also have a complementary airport shuttle. The place is really designed for overnights for the airport.
here for your entertainment is my hotel rip off fee list - fortunately none of these - maybe room service but if you are crazy enough to order a 39 dollar hot dog and 7 dollar soda - then you maybe deserve to be charged a fee for room service on top of that!

On my list of hotel rip off fees this hotel only has parking - but mine was waved because of group rate - having said that I did not have a car. If it had breakfast included it would have been a higher score.

Here is my list of hotel fees that I hate -

Before there were airline fees the hotel industry wrote the book the airlines now use on extra fees they could charge their customers for no good reason. Spirit Airlines was perhaps their best student. So on top of the room rate that is advertised, fees are added to get free money for nothing. Here is my list of hotel fees that many hotels will add to your bill. These fees are getting so out of hand that I would not be surprised if new consumer protection laws might be passed to protect unsuspecting customers This would be a good thing actually.

#1 Resort fees -
These fees used to be associated with large resorts with large golf courses, super fancy spas and actual resorts – these fees have become very popular in Vegas, but now many regular hotels in other locations with no good reason to do so now charge a resort fee. All it takes is one place getting away with it and the word spreads like the plague. Resort fees can range from $15 to $75 a day. What is so irritating is that most of these crazy fees should be included into the price of the room so you know up front what the total nightly rate is. This is a simple way for many hotels to lower their regular rate to attract customers and they got you when you check-in. Usually you wont go through the hassle of moving at that point – plus there might be a fee for doing so… The Spirit Airlines school of rip off techniques applied to hotels or maybe Spirit learned it from them?

#2 Early check-in fee -

Let's say you take the early flight to Las Vegas and want to check into your room before 10am so you can head to your convention. Even if your room is empty from the night before some hotels will now charge you an extra $20 to check into your room before the standard 3pm check-in time. This fee appears to me as total greed and a huge rip-off. I was standing in line in Vegas once and at 2:50PM the lady at the desk was going to charge me an early check in fee – “the computer won’t let me” so I said lets just talk here for 10 min – she quickly waved it and found a way– I was serious. How stupid is that.

#3 Wi-Fi fee -

It amazes me that hotels still charge extra for Wi-Fi service in your room. Ironically these $15 to $25 a day fees are charged by the more expensive 4 and 5 star “full service” (whatever that means) hotels while the lower priced hotels provide this service for free. I find it really strange that a hotel who charges $250 a night room rate charges their customers for Wi-Fi while a hotel who charges only $89 a night will give it away for free. How does that make any sense? Oh and McDonalds and Starbucks give it away for free and your buying 5 bucks of product not 250 dollars! Get a clue hotel guys!

#4 Housekeeping fee -

How crazy can it get? Hotels are now charging you a 10% service fee to clean your room daily. Give me a break. This one does not pass the smell test of reasonableness. How can a hotel look their customers in the eye and charge this fee? Part of renting a room is the expectation that it is cleaned every day.

#5 Fitness fees -

Most hotels have workout centers and swimming pools for their guests. Many hotels also charge an arm and a leg to use them. I guess I don't mind this fee as long as it is optional to pay and use.

#6 Room service fees -

When you order room service today that $30 hamburger and $7 soda will also come with a nice 20% gratuity. Many travelers without looking at their bill to see that a service fee is already added to the bill will automatically add an additional tip on top of the total bill. You are in essence giving a tip on top of a tip. Maybe they are banking you won’t notice.

#7 Mandatory Valet parking -

Many hotels now assess mandatory valet parking if you arrive in your own car. This can range from $18 to $75 a day. I understand charging for valet parking if you choose to use Valet parking but to require it does not seem reasonable at all. This is a typical hotel technique of creating a problem (ie shortage of parking caused by them blocking off spaces with cones or parking systems or the like) then charging you a fee to circumvent the parking problem that they created in the first place.

#8 Additional person in the room fee -

Some hotels will charge you if you have more than two people in a room. I understand that a hotel would charge extra to add a roll-away in a room, but if four teenagers can sleep on two double beds I don't think the hotel should charge extra for that.

I am sure they will be coming up with more fees as time goes on – they may not be talented or service oriented but they are creative!

Room Tip: its a little noisy - you can pick the airport noise or the highway noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Deux-Montagnes, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here just one night due to a cancelled flight. Im happy that we didn't have to pay for this hotel because it really was a room with a bed, basically, there wasnt anything nice about the rooms. It shows thats its not a new hotel, it really needs some updating. the bathroom sink isnt even in the bathroom, its in the entrance of the room. There is free wi-fi, which is good. The staff was really super friendly, and checkout at 5:10 am was a breeze.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NayTom
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had an overnight stay at the Philadelphia Airport 4-Points. Overall, the hotel had an aged, worn appearance, especially in the rooms, hallways, and restaurant. Hallway carpets were severely worn. Rooms were "bare-boned" except for the bed, which was the excellent Sheraton bed. Construction workmanship in the rooms was low quality. There are not too many good restaurants in the immediate area which means that one would be inclined to use the hotel restaurant. Don't. It is uniformly poor. The prices are high. The walls are dirty. The furnishings are cheap. The service was perfunctory. The quality/preparation of food and drink was unsatisfactory. A third world experience at relatively high prices. Front desk service was actually very good; one of few positives. Access to the hotel is tricky. If you take the wrong turn to access, you will end up on the I-95 freeway and on your way to Downtown Philly with no exits in between. Then you have to figure out a way to get back on I-95 South to return. I realize that 4-Points is meant to be a budget alternative to the normal Sheratons, but we also stayed at the York, PA, 4-points and had a very satisfactory experience.

Room Tip: Recommend that you look around for another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear SenorGregorio,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us. We are very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience at our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your honest feedback with us, because this information is very helpful in pinpointing areas of opportunity to improve our hotel. We will address your comments with our team in hopes to better guest experience. Thanks again, and we hope you will consider staying with us again to make this up to you. All the best.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

About what one would expect from an airport hotel. The lobby was nice enough, free shuttle that took ~15 minutes. The room was average but worn and the shower and bathroom was just ok. The only rooms left by the time I arrived was an accessible room next to the elevator which was noisy starting at 7 but I was warned about this during checkout. Stay here if the rate is good and you just need a place to sleep; I would pay $20-30 more to stay at a courtyard but more than that I wouldn't. Don't get a room by the elevator if you want to sleep in and make sure you call for a shuttle.

Stayed July 2014
Moorpark, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Had decided to book a room by the PHL airport after all the hotels in Philadelphia charged a lot for parking & wi-fi. Happy to find out that the Four Points only charged $12 a night for parking (unlimited in & out entry...the other hotels in Philadelphia charge for a re-entry fee, really?) & wi-fi was free. Clean room & quiet at night. A definite location to return to in Philly.

• Stayed July 2014
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would say over all our stay was good. The only thing that I didn't like was how much they charge for parking. It was $12/day. That seems high to me. If you are a member you shouldn't have to pay. The rooms were a little small for four people. We squeezed in a roll away bed.I was very impressed with their service. We had requested a roll away bed and they brought it up and made it up while we were gone. It was very comfortable. The decor could use updating. It was clean and we had plenty of towels. The front desk was friendly. Lots of parking. It was quiet. Conveniently located to airport. We went to a Phillies game and it was about a 15 minute drive. We ate breakfast downstairs. The food was good. The service is little slow. They were very accommodating when we ask for one meal to go. They made sure we had silverware, napkins, and condiments to take back with us. They even waited to make it so when we went back upstairs it was hot.The servings are pretty large. My husband and I shared a meal. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms are little small for four travelers. Especially if you are going to put a roll away bed in the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is very convenient and quite, which is very comfortable for the traveller like me after disembarking from the ship with minimum of sleep on board.

The hotel staffs are very polite and helpful; the environment is a complex of Sheraton hotels which is just beside the airport. The shuttle bus service to the airport are available every 20 minutes. The city centre is 20 minutes away from the hotel and the shopping area is just 10-15 minutes by taxi.

The rooms are clean and cosy.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the higher level
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear jguzon,
We are happy to hear you had a great stay, and we loved having you! Thank you for sharing your kind review with us, and we hope you will visit with us again very soon. All the best.