Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #59 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had stayed here about 3 years ago and didn't have a problem so we decided to stay again. In those 3 years, some things have changed. Now they charge you for parking and it has gone up in price. It's now $12 with no warning beforehand that you have to pay to stay! You check in, then they say, oh yeah we need $12 extra dollars. The rooms are ok. They look like they've been updated recently, however things are deteriorating. The ceilings are peeling, furniture shows it wear, wallpaper peeling, stains on the carpets and a musty smell coming from them. For the price an having to pay parking, there are nicer places available.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Kristy_Burns,
Thank you for your review. While we are delighted you decided to stay with us again, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your recent visit. We apologize for the confusion about the parking fee, and we will make sure this is clear to guests prior to their stay. We appreciate you sharing your feedback about your guest room, as this information is very helpful in identifying areas we can improve our hotel. Thanks again, and we hope you will consider staying with us again to better impress you. Take care.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed overnight while being delayed from a flight. The beds at this hotel were awful. We had a king room and the bed was sagging, and the linens were scratchy. The service at the front desk was friendly and the airport shuttle was convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear 1958Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. While we are very happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient airport shuttle, we are sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our guest room accommodations. We strive to make each guest’s stay as comfortable as possible and apologize this was not your experience. Thank you for sharing with us, and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Take care

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here overnight as we had an early morning flight the following day. My husband and I had previously stayed here a few years ago overnight before a flight and had a good experience so we decided to stay again. Nothing fancy, but it's clean and convenient shuttle to airport. This time around, someone pulled the fire alarm and we were awakened around 1 am by the alarm and had to evacuate. Not a great way to start a vacation with 2 toddlers. The next morning we were told someone pulled the alarm and were removed by law enforcement. This didn't surprise me as there were many drunk, noisy guests that we encountered prior to going to bed. I don't fault the hotel for this unfortunate incident, but something complimentary (perhaps coffee, bagels, etc) the next morning would have been a nice gesture for the guests who had to deal with the mishap.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank steviesmama
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear steviesmama,
We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm and apologize that your night’s rest was disturbed. Providing a great experience for our guests is very important to us, and we hope that the rest of your experience with us was just as enjoyable as you remembered from your original stay. Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours, and we hope you will stay with us again in the future. Take care.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Just an overnight here and had no real problems. I barely remember the room so it must not have anything that stood out. Restaurant ok to iffy. Go out to eat or go to the Sheraton next door. Hotel is close to Wells Fargo Center if you have an event there and are driving. Cheaper than staying closer to the venue.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family (2 adults/ 2 teens) usually stay here when we vacation. Location is great. Close to airport. We never have any concern leaving our car parked here for the duration of our trip. Hotel is clean. Welcoming. Staff is courteous. There are two other "sister" resorts nearby and we typically visit them for dining and use of the pool (however there is a nice little restaurant on site). We use the shuttle service to the airport and find this to be helpful and convenient. Shuttle comes often and drivers are friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lisa A,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. We are very happy to hear we exceed your expectations stay after stay with us and that you love our convenient location and shuttle service. Thank you for taking the time to share with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next vacation. All the best.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It has free wifi and only thing its missing is free breakfast. If you have some status you get free parking if you dont - you will be paying for that. I stayed here for an overnight for a flight next day.
the computer in the lobby had the mouse intermittent and unusable - the hotel staff were nice enough to print out my boarding pass for me. It would be interesting to see if they fix it or not. The people who work here are helpful and friendly. I rang the front desk for a wake up call and the phone rings and rings and nobody answers it. Walked down and requested it in person. They also have a complementary airport shuttle. The place is really designed for overnights for the airport.
here for your entertainment is my hotel rip off fee list - fortunately none of these - maybe room service but if you are crazy enough to order a 39 dollar hot dog and 7 dollar soda - then you maybe deserve to be charged a fee for room service on top of that!

On my list of hotel rip off fees this hotel only has parking - but mine was waved because of group rate - having said that I did not have a car. If it had breakfast included it would have been a higher score.

Here is my list of hotel fees that I hate -

Before there were airline fees the hotel industry wrote the book the airlines now use on extra fees they could charge their customers for no good reason. Spirit Airlines was perhaps their best student. So on top of the room rate that is advertised, fees are added to get free money for nothing. Here is my list of hotel fees that many hotels will add to your bill. These fees are getting so out of hand that I would not be surprised if new consumer protection laws might be passed to protect unsuspecting customers This would be a good thing actually.

#1 Resort fees -
These fees used to be associated with large resorts with large golf courses, super fancy spas and actual resorts – these fees have become very popular in Vegas, but now many regular hotels in other locations with no good reason to do so now charge a resort fee. All it takes is one place getting away with it and the word spreads like the plague. Resort fees can range from $15 to $75 a day. What is so irritating is that most of these crazy fees should be included into the price of the room so you know up front what the total nightly rate is. This is a simple way for many hotels to lower their regular rate to attract customers and they got you when you check-in. Usually you wont go through the hassle of moving at that point – plus there might be a fee for doing so… The Spirit Airlines school of rip off techniques applied to hotels or maybe Spirit learned it from them?

#2 Early check-in fee -

Let's say you take the early flight to Las Vegas and want to check into your room before 10am so you can head to your convention. Even if your room is empty from the night before some hotels will now charge you an extra $20 to check into your room before the standard 3pm check-in time. This fee appears to me as total greed and a huge rip-off. I was standing in line in Vegas once and at 2:50PM the lady at the desk was going to charge me an early check in fee – “the computer won’t let me” so I said lets just talk here for 10 min – she quickly waved it and found a way– I was serious. How stupid is that.

#3 Wi-Fi fee -

It amazes me that hotels still charge extra for Wi-Fi service in your room. Ironically these $15 to $25 a day fees are charged by the more expensive 4 and 5 star “full service” (whatever that means) hotels while the lower priced hotels provide this service for free. I find it really strange that a hotel who charges $250 a night room rate charges their customers for Wi-Fi while a hotel who charges only $89 a night will give it away for free. How does that make any sense? Oh and McDonalds and Starbucks give it away for free and your buying 5 bucks of product not 250 dollars! Get a clue hotel guys!

#4 Housekeeping fee -

How crazy can it get? Hotels are now charging you a 10% service fee to clean your room daily. Give me a break. This one does not pass the smell test of reasonableness. How can a hotel look their customers in the eye and charge this fee? Part of renting a room is the expectation that it is cleaned every day.

#5 Fitness fees -

Most hotels have workout centers and swimming pools for their guests. Many hotels also charge an arm and a leg to use them. I guess I don't mind this fee as long as it is optional to pay and use.

#6 Room service fees -

When you order room service today that $30 hamburger and $7 soda will also come with a nice 20% gratuity. Many travelers without looking at their bill to see that a service fee is already added to the bill will automatically add an additional tip on top of the total bill. You are in essence giving a tip on top of a tip. Maybe they are banking you won’t notice.

#7 Mandatory Valet parking -

Many hotels now assess mandatory valet parking if you arrive in your own car. This can range from $18 to $75 a day. I understand charging for valet parking if you choose to use Valet parking but to require it does not seem reasonable at all. This is a typical hotel technique of creating a problem (ie shortage of parking caused by them blocking off spaces with cones or parking systems or the like) then charging you a fee to circumvent the parking problem that they created in the first place.

#8 Additional person in the room fee -

Some hotels will charge you if you have more than two people in a room. I understand that a hotel would charge extra to add a roll-away in a room, but if four teenagers can sleep on two double beds I don't think the hotel should charge extra for that.

I am sure they will be coming up with more fees as time goes on – they may not be talented or service oriented but they are creative!

Room Tip: its a little noisy - you can pick the airport noise or the highway noise