Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$228
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$238
US$230
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$232
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
2,055 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streethomeless peoplefree breakfastbreakfast staffreading terminal marketself parkingthe breakfast areawithin walking distancehot breakfastking suiteliberty bellfront desk stafffew blocksflower showconvenient locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I originally reserved for three nights but I checked out after one. I waited 10 minutes for the valet attendant and finally had to go in and get him. When I asked if this is the way it worked, he stated, "IF YOU WANT TO VALET YOUR CAR YES!" I would have self-parked except it was not the safest looking area and the lot was a ways from the hotel. The room ac/heater was not working so I called down and they sent someone up to fix it. A few minutes after the "fixing" it started making a horrendous sound. When I called the front desk to complain, the attendant picked up the phone as if she was home and when she realized I was not the personal phone call that she apparently had on hold, she put me on hold and never came back on the line. Needless to say it was a cold night with no heater. When I called to cancel my next two days, I was not asked why or if there was something wrong with my suite. It was quite a disappointing experience. Customer service was definetely lacking!!

Cons: Valet - too slow and rude
Breakfast - food was done by 845am even though its scheduled through 10am.
Noisy hotel
Lobby - not clean

Pro: Rooms not bad if you get one with the heater working.

Room Tip: Dont get a room facing hotel entrance. It will be very noisy with those coming in at night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us in Philly. I certainly apologize for the service you received with valet and the front desk. We will share your comments with the departments that didn't the high level service that we are custom to. I hope we have another opportunity in the future to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean, easy acess to the convention center. Television didn't work in the Bedroom of the King Suite. When I called for service they acted as though I bothering them, & no one ever showed up. If they did, it was after an hour and I turned in.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn. We appreciate this information and will use it as a tool to improve the hotel. I apologize for the service you received. I hope you would give us another chance if the opportunity comes around.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Basic room near elevator so it was a bit noisy. Breakfast was okay but you could make your own pancakes so it was nice. Breakfast was crowded every morning. Parking was nearby but it was a bit expensive. Parking personnel were seriously hilarious. Location of the hotel is nearby centrum.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the feedback and will share with the staff. Also Hampton is upgrading their breakfast selections and this should be in place at the end of November.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Hampton Inn was convenient to the Philadelphia Convention Center and the Reading Terminal Market. The hotel was clean, quiet and the staff were very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the great comments about the location, staff, and hotel amenities.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

As stated before we are not happy. You should be hiring staff that can be trusted. Stolen items out of rooms is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. More concenring is the fact managers failed to contact us in a timely manner after reporting the stolen items.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us in Philly. I apologize for the missing item in your room and not getting to you faster. This certainly is not common and everything is always investigated completely. The hotel has great associates but this will not be tolerated.