Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Situated right in the city centre, it was very easy to get around to see the sites. I love how Hampton Inns always have hot water/coffee/tea in the lobby for guests. The breakfast is great - I always love a hot breakfast. Staff is very friendly. What I was most impressed about is the carpet in the room. I forgot slippers and walked around in my socks. I could see the carpets were not disgusting and dirty as my socks were still white (dirty hotel carpets is one of my fears whenever I travel).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and cleanliness of the room. Hampton is upgrading their breakfast starting in January so the next time you visit a Hampton you should see better items.
Roger Weber

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I came down to the lobby after calling at 4:30 am to get my vehicle at 5:00 am. The valet parking attendant was fast asleep with the lights turned off in his office. On the day of departure, I called a full 30 minutes before departure to be certain the car would be ready. It took another 20 minutes AFTER the appointed time to get my vehicle. The area is also quite sketchy with a lot of homeless folks milling about outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay in Philly. This feedback is very important to us and I apologize for the lack of service you received in regards to parking. Parking is handled by a 3rd party and I will certainly bring your comments up to the owner.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Excellent hotel! Very clean with updated furniture. Children enjoyed the pool as we enjoyed the hot tub. Hot breakfast! The staff was extremely friendly and polite. They provided us with maps and showed us routes to places we wanted to visit. The highlight of our trip was actually recommended by your staff. Great Experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for writing this great review concerning your stay at the Hampton Philly. We appreciate feedback and the associates enjoy reading all of them. I'm very pleased the staff directed you to all the points of interest and the breakfast buffet met all your needs.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for Thanksgiving and that weekend! The hotel is very convenient to many attractions. Our room was clean and the employees were very nice. Every morning they have a full breakfast and it was yummy!!! We really enjoyed the breakfast. Get there early for seating indoors. It was too cold to sit outdoors, but I'm sure in the warm weather the patio is a very nice option. Parking is $25 a day/night with in/out privileges...but they double/triple pack cars. I guess they do that in metropolis cities. With that being said, go and get your call at least 30 minutes prior to your departure as it will take sometime to get your car from the parking lot. We had a great stay and we would come back!

Stayed: November 2013
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for visiting us during the Thanksgiving weekend and writing this review. We appreciate this great feedback and will certainly review with the staff. I'm pleased you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and Hampton is upgrading the choices starting January.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Hotel staff very friendly, helpful and efficient. Hotel was clean and quiet. On the evening we stayed, cookies, Philly soft pretzels, coffee, hot cider and tea were available in the lobby. A nice selection of breakfast foods and free newspapers were available. We had some trouble connecting to the free wifi in the room, but there were an adequate number of computers available in the lobby. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review concerning you stay at the Hampton Philly. I'm very pleased you enjoyed the lobby refreshments and breakfast had all the offerings. Your comments will certainly be passed along to the associates.
Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This Hampton Inn is one of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed at. The entire staff was very courteous and helpful. It's proximity to the convention center makes it a great value. I would recommend it to anyone who is a HHonors member.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for writing this review and stating we are one of the best Hampton Inn's. Feedback like this is very much appreciated by the staff. This certainly will be mentioned at all of associate meetings. The staff work hard to achieve this level of service and is rewarded from comments like this.
Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is an absolutely terrific place to stay. The staff are crisply attentive from arrival to departure in all departments. The bell staff, the front desk agents, the housekeepers, the food and beverage people are all great and very helpful. The bar wait staff were exceptionally accommodating when my wife arrived late and had not eaten. The waitress went back in the kitchen and made her some appetizers which were much welcomed and very tasty. We could not find any flaws with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for writng this review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. Your comments will be passed along to the associates and they really appreciate this information coming from the guests. I'm very pleased all the departments made an impression on you.