“Would stay here again”

Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hagerstown Maryland
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I only stayed here one night but I had a great experience here. The staff were very helpful to begin with. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable as well, and this is coming from a person that has a very hard time falling asleep. The price was fantastic. My favorite part was the complimentary breakfast. I've never experienced such a vast array of choices and they were all delicious, waffles, french toast, omelets, yogurt, fresh fruit, just to name a few. If I ever stay in Philly again, I'll be glad to stop here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay at the Hampton while in Philly. We appreciate the feedback and your great comments about the staff, cleanliness, and breakfast will certainly be passed along.
Roger Weber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Rockville, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and I usually have a wonderful stay. This stay had its problems. The facility was great as I have experienced in other Hampton Inns. The problem was the food! Horrible breakfast. The PUB does not have a phone so you can't call for information, order food ahead of time, etc. Other than the food issues, the facility is great. If the food and PUB issue is worked out, I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay while in Philly. We appreciate the feedback and use it as a learning experience. Hampton Inn's are changing their breakfast items within the next 3 weeks and hopefully you will see the difference.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is our favorite hotel. I travel a lot, so that's saying something! We've been staying here for about a week at a time four times a year for the past seven years. We've stayed at other hotels in Center City and were satisfied, but none can compare to the Hampton. I think it's the staff that sets them apart; they are friendly and helpful ... it almost feels like home here. The beds are very comfortable (better than at home). The location is great. The pool and fitness room are good, and the lobby bar was a great addition. I recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone traveling to Philadelphia.

• Stayed December 2013
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
First of all thank you for being a repeat guest. Your feedback is very valuable because of all the times you have stayed with us. I'm glad we have made you feel like you are "home" and I will certainly pass this along to all the staff. The addition of the bar has been a great addition and i'm glad you enjoyed the environment.
Thank you so much for truly being OUR guest.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Loved this place. Conveniently located and the amenities were great. Really loved the hot coffee and tea available in the lobby. It was very cold out when we visited Philly and one night we returned to an urn of hot apple cider and cookies in the lobby. Absolutely brilliant. The bar is great and the barman was friendly and helpful with his recommendations. Loved the breakfast. Really helped to get us started for a long day of sightseeing. Good sized rooms and very clean. Couldn't have asked for any more. On top of it all, it was reasonably priced. Definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review concerning your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the feedback and certainly will pass along your comments to the staff.
The hot cider is definitely a hit.
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very nice hotel; nice, clean, comfortable room. Complimentary breakfast was decent, many tasty options available. We were able to find street parking very close to hotel in order to avoid parking fees. Hotel employees more than friendly and efficient. We were in town to spend the holiday with our son and our new grandson. Unfortunately there were too many of us to stay in his small apartment. This hotel is conveniently located and within easy reach of many historic sites as well as our son's Northern Liberties apartment. We will be back in Philly for Christmas and have already made reservations at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for writing this review and returning in a couple weeks to visit the family. Feedback is very important and I'm glad you enjoyed the staff and services of the hotel. Their will be less people at the hotel on you next visit.
Thanks for being our guest and if you need anything on your next visit please do not hesitate to ask.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Situated right in the city centre, it was very easy to get around to see the sites. I love how Hampton Inns always have hot water/coffee/tea in the lobby for guests. The breakfast is great - I always love a hot breakfast. Staff is very friendly. What I was most impressed about is the carpet in the room. I forgot slippers and walked around in my socks. I could see the carpets were not disgusting and dirty as my socks were still white (dirty hotel carpets is one of my fears whenever I travel).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of the Hampton Inn Philly. We appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and cleanliness of the room. Hampton is upgrading their breakfast starting in January so the next time you visit a Hampton you should see better items.
Raleigh, NC, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I came down to the lobby after calling at 4:30 am to get my vehicle at 5:00 am. The valet parking attendant was fast asleep with the lights turned off in his office. On the day of departure, I called a full 30 minutes before departure to be certain the car would be ready. It took another 20 minutes AFTER the appointed time to get my vehicle. The area is also quite sketchy with a lot of homeless folks milling about outside the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for writing this review concerning your stay in Philly. This feedback is very important to us and I apologize for the lack of service you received in regards to parking. Parking is handled by a 3rd party and I will certainly bring your comments up to the owner.