“Convenient and Nicely Appointed”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I just needed to make a quick trip to Philly at the last minute, and the Hampton Inn had room for me. The front desk staff is excellent. There are a lot of good options at the free breakfast buffet, you can even make yourself a waffle, if you want to. The rooms are tidy and well appointed. The hotel is located by the convention center and Reading Terminal Market (a must experience while in downtown Philadelphia.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cynex

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We had to go to Philadelphia for a doctors appointment. Stayed here the night before. The pool was nice, and our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was awesome and the staff are all very friendly. Will stay here again when we have to go back!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wattonwife
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've stayed at this facility many times over the years because it is conveniently located to SEPTA, Reading Market and the convention center etc. It's been refurbished and now has a bar in what used to be part of the lobby. The bar does provide some food, but unless there's a blizzard outside I'd eat somewhere else.... perhaps China town or the Reading Market area.

The rooms are beginning to show some wear and tear since I stayed there last and if you're expecting a decent view of Philadelphia you'll have to stay somewhere else.

When I checked in there was a fire engine in front of the hotel, but it turned out to be just a false alarm and while I was allowed to check in the elevators couldn't be used. To make matters worse, the hotel staff on duty at the time had difficulty resetting the fire alarm, so there was about an hour's delay before I could go up to my room.

Even though I was there on a winter night, my room was much too warm and I had to turn the a/c on and it was relatively noisy

I would stay at this hotel again, but only if I couldn't find anything less expensive in Center City Philadelphia.

Room Tip: You won't find a room with a view at this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As a Diamond level Hilton-brand member, I have stayed at Hampton Inn's all over the United States. This was the weakest of all of the ones I have yet visited.

There were children unattended running around in the lobby and in the elevators. In one instance, we had called the concierge for a taxi, but when we got downstairs there was no taxi. The concierge said she had called a taxi. We were lucky that a taxi who was cruising around in the neighborhood finally came to the hotel or we would have missed our appointment.

The biggest problem we encountered was with the parking services. We chose the "self-parking" option, as it was cheaper at $25/night. There were repeated problems with impolite, unprofessional behavior by the parking attendants, including almost missing our return flight because the attendant could not find our car on our last day at the hotel. It took almost an hour for our car to appear.

Some of the staff were helpful. And when we reported these problems to the reception desk, they sounded concerned.

The price for the hotel was reasonable. However, because of the problems we experienced, we were overall dissatisfied with this facility.

Room Tip: There are unattended children of all ages in the lobby and on the elevator, so getting a room away f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ddan7777
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn this past weekend. First, the staff is great. For such a large hotel it was great to see the General Manager carrying luggage in the lobby. Second, my room was very clean and everything was in working order. Last, the food at breakfast was great. I also stopped by the bar in the evening and that was very nice. I think that the bar area is a nice set up. If did not have plans I would have enjoyed the pub food and a few more beers. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: While the convention center is next door it is very easy to go out and walk to almost everything. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello Mr. Dave, Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Philly this past weekend. The associates work very hard to achieve this level of service and this feedback is very important to them.
Hope to see you back in Philly soon.
Thanks for being our guest!
Roger Weber

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Perfecly situated for a family visit to Philly. Mid-length walk to all the attractions. Restaurants a short walk as well including the Market. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Will stay here on our return trips to the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I chose this hotel because it was close to the convention center. It is in a nice and quiet area of town, just across the street from the convention center and within walking distance of the historical areas of town. The room was nice and clean. The free breakfast had a nice selection of hot and cold food and a big breakfast area for guests to eat in. It was nice to have cookies and hot cider available in the lobby every evening. At night you don't even have to leave the hotel if you want to have some food. In the same area where breakfast is served, you can order food and drinks from a limited menu. The cost of the room is a bit high, though it is in the downtown area where you expect prices to be high. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review concerning your stay in Philly. Your comments are much appreciated and I really like the ones about the cleanliness and services of the hotel. This feedback will certainly help future guests when making a decision.
Thanks for being our guest.
Roger Weber

Travellers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center? Share your experiences!