Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. The location is very convenient to many attractions in Philadelphia. You can walk to the historic district, you are close to many dining options. The hotel has a free breakfast buffet in the morning, it is very good. The rooms are nice, there is a exercise room and a pool/spa. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Philadelphia and want to be close to many of the historic attractions.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pete r
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Peter R,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure and your feedback is very important to us.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your review/comments with our entire hotel team. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Dan Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Emsworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here. Reception friendly and welcoming and checked me in early. Room large with every facility and 2 huge beds and a desk and armchair. Free internet. Usual free breakfast, Business Center, Pool and Fitness Centre.

The only criticism I have is of the bar food. The barman is friendly and efficient, but the food was truly dreadful - chicken so rock hard I thought I'd broken a tooth. Despite its convenience, I would not eat here again, but there is quite a distance to walk to a decent restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear balticbash,

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding a recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to us.

We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. In reference to your feedback on the bar food, I will personally address this issue and ensure that no future valuable guests experience what you did here recently. I assure you that what you encountered is unacceptable and I am truly sorry.

On behalf of our team, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Ashburn
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Decided last minute to take a short weekend getaway and booked 2 rooms for one night. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The only complaint was that check in was at 4 and when we arrived around 4.30 our rooms were not ready yet. We were able to check into our 1st room at about 5.30 but we had to wait several hours for our second room to be ready. The front desk staff was more than accommodating and took good care of us while we had to wait. Not sure if there is not enough housekeeping staff or a management issue- this does not seem to be the norm after speaking with the front desk staff. (the hotel was full) Location was great, able to walk to the historic areas and a short time and staff was helpful in giving directions. Parking was fine, just across the street. There is a fee, but something to be expected in a city. Breakfast was good, lots of choices and plenty of seating, even when it was busy. Would stay here again if we have the opportunity to visit Philadelphia again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WVUMary
Dear WVUMary,

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your overall experience at the hotel, our location and service. I would like to personally apologize for the issue you encountered while attempting to check into the hotel. I assure you that what you encountered is far below our Hampton Inn standards, unacceptable and I am truly sorry and disappointed for what you experienced.

On behalf of our team, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Manchester-UK
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This isn't the style of hotel that I would normally book but I booked it for the price and location. I was not disappointed.

The area is quiet but a very short walk away from the centre of the city. The rooms are spacious and very clean with good quality free wifi. The hotel has good facilities and offers a complimentary breakfast which has a very good selection of options including several hot options.

I stayed here for three nights and walked everywhere from the hotel. The local area is very quiet after dark but I always felt safe even when walking alone because it is only around the corner from the much busier streets. Philadelphia is a lovely city and the Hampton Inn is a great base to explore it from. I will return to Philadelphia and will definitely look at staying at the Hampton Inn again.

The parking prices through the hotel are very high but there are much more economical options one or two streets away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carl_Manchester
Dear Carl_Manchester,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City and for providing us with some feedback regarding your experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

As a team, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the hotel. The team works very hard to ensure 100% guest satisfaction and it is from feedback such as yours that we draw our guest service inspiration.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Lawrenceville, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

First time staying at this hotel located on 13th & Race. I loved the Chinatown experience, only a few blocks away. Was a pleasurable walk to and from. Convenient parking, though at times is busy, but the gentlemen in charge were pleasant, and helpful. The breakfast was a nice change from other hotels where you had to fend for yourself. Here, a nice breakfast awaits you and your family. Wished the rooms were a little bigger, but is comfy just the same.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank William R
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear William R,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our amenities and location. Your feedback has been shared with our entire team and they are thrilled. On behalf of the entire team, thank you.

Glen Cove
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Philly is a nice place to stay, and there is much to do, it makes it even more fun when you are centrally located, close to public transportation and many good places to see. This Hotel delivers that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Fred W
Dear Fred W,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and our central location in Philadelphia. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked this hotel 6 months in advance to request a room that was quiet and with a view which comes from reading other reviews who noted this was worth having.
When we arrived at check in, we were ignored for some time while the staff member named A. chatted to another customer about Miller time, then took a phone call all without even acknowledging I was there. When it was finally my turn, I again politely mentioned the request and that it was a special occasion and how much we like Hampton Inns, being a Hilton member. Then she asked me to sign the check in billing form that had the wrong rate. When I pointed this out she told me it shouldn't have been there and when I check out it would be correct. Guess what? Not.
Anyway, the first room we received was on the 5th floor, beside the elevator and overlooking 8-10 large AC units whose noise you could hear before entering. I went back down and asked for another room only to be told all that was left was 401. We assumed we had to take it and got a room facing the main street where the tour buses park and across the narrow street looking directly into an office building. I also had to ask about breakfast, where and when, and only received the most basic info and nothing about other amenities.
Going downhill from there, upon returning from dinner later noting this hotel is in a great location to access city life, shops and restaurants, we overheard A. give keys to a room on the 11th floor to someone who just checked and in the elevator I found out the guest was not with any group, staying the same length of time and didn't make any special requests, just lucky she guessed.
Our room was a standard king Hampton Inn room, which is why we like this chain. It's reasonably large and comes with all the basic necessities and makes a point of stating they change the duvets between guests which I appreciate. Breakfast is standard Hampton fare. Fruit, cereals both hot and cold, waffle maker and a changing assortment of eggs and other hot items.
The problem here is there are so many tour bus groups coming and going that it can be difficult to time your visit as food may be cleaned out and tables dirty. The staff try hard but some times face a losing battle. Overall the food was good.
There is a small bar/lounge on site which is nice for a night cap but they really need to get wine glasses and stop using brandy snifters for wine.
With all this going on, I spoke to Jerrome the Assistant Manager who offered a sincere apology and offered to move us but as it was the next day and our things spread out and hung up we gratefully declined. Instead, I am pleased to say, Jerrome placed in our room a gift bag and balloons that definitely softened the whole episode and to that I thank him for taking the time to listen and care. And thank you Effy for correcting the bill at check out which I was told would be correct from when we checked in. We appreciate your help.

Room Tip: Make a request and keep fingers crossed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bernie G
Dear Grums,

First, we would like to thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia and for sharing your feedback with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words regarding the service you received from Jerrome and Essie with the entire team. Both Essie and Jerrome are valuable assets to our team and I appreciate the time you took to recognize them.

I would like to personally apologize for your overall experience here at the Hampton Inn. As General Manager, I am very concerned to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that you encountered the issues as noted in your review. Our team is very focused on improving the overall guest experience and your feedback will allow us to learn from and ensure it does not occur in the future. I assure you that what you encountered is far below our standards, unacceptable and I am truly sorry and disappointed for what you experienced.

When in Philadelphia in the future, please consider giving us another chance. We would love the opportunity to show you the service and amenities that we are all very proud of here at the Hampton Inn. Again, thank you for your business and the feedback regarding your stay.