“One night stay was great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center

Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“One night stay was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful- especially Phyllis, the Concierge Manager!! She gave us information about a day trip and gave us perfect directions! The complimentary breakfast was fabulous!- they covered it all and it was delicious! We will not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Witchy31,

Thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It will be my pleasure to share your wonderful words regarding your experience with our management and team. I will be thrilled to personally acknowledge Phyllis for providing memorable service. Phyllis is a valuable member of our team and I greatly appreciate your acknowledgement of her service. Our entire team works very hard on making each and every guest stay a memorable stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback. On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Dan Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Ad said they were close to historical attractions. Over a mile is not close to me. Location is not in a good area. Next block over has a homeless shelter. Guess I expected something nicer for such a high price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Trudiehu,

First, we would like to thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia recently and sharing your feedback with us. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to our success.

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us and our location. Although we are centrally located in Center City Philadelphia near excellent restaurant, shopping and historical sites, some, as you noted, are quite a distance from the hotel. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I feel as though we did not deliver upon that goal and I want to personally apologize to you.

Thank you for your business and the feedback regarding your stay.

Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hampton Inn in Philly paid $99 a night thru Travelzoo. Stayed 4 nights great clean hotel. Breakfast was very good and included in price, so was WiFI. Room and bathroom were good size. I would have no problem recommending hotel to anyone. The recommedned parking lot was $25.oo a night, which being from the Boston area, I found to be reasonable.The Staff was very helpful and they are one of the highlights of staying at the Hampton Inn in Philly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank billbraves
Dear BillBraves,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I have shared your feedback with our team and it inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice, comfortable, clean place to lay your head. I particularly enjoyed the location. Having a bar and restaurant in the hotel definitely was a plus. I wish that they had living room quarters in he rooms wih double beds, quiet small considering.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Makinic,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding a recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our location and restaurant/bar. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Arrived to the hotel at 345am and was told that self parking was full and the only other parking available would be valet for 35.00 dollars. The audit attendant stated that I could park on the street but was not too knowledgeable about the parking meters. He stated that I had to wake up before 8am in order to pay the meter. But he did not take in account that the meter would be free on the 4th of July. I think that all front desk attendants need to know exactly when parking will be free because being an out of town guest we are not too familiar with the rules and regulations. When I finally checked into my room I was really surprised. I was placed on the highest floor and the room had 10 foot ceilings. The room was very oversized and had enough space for the four of us who stayed in the room. The bathroom was as well spacious. Breakfast downstairs in the morning was what I expected from a Hampton Inn nothing fancy just the basics. Their location is very convenient and accessible to all local attractions, subways and bus stops. I enjoyed my stay just did not like the fact that I got up to pay for parking when I did not have to wake up at all due to the meter being free on a holiday. And definitely did not like that I could not even get an extended checkout when I was willing to pay a half of a day due to me getting in soo late.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member Gold or Diamond please make sure to ask for your upgrade if availa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear BeauTAUfulntmare,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. We hope that you enjoyed the holiday weekend and the beautiful weather we had. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

As General Manager, I would like to apologize for the miscommunication on the parking and the fact that we would not give you a late checkout. You are exactly right, our team should know when parking is free in the city and I will be making the team aware of those times as soon as possible. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Philadelphia.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City and for your feedback. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Hamilton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night here and the hotel is absoluely fine. We arrived early when there were no rooms available but no problem to leave our luggage. We spend the day sightseeing and checked in early evening. The room was perfectly adequate and would have been fine for a longer stay. The bed was a bit soft but that's just my personal preference. I always like to have a hotel where breakfast is included and this one was no exception to the frantic scrummage that happens in all locations. The food was fine and for a UK visitor where we don't often get served waffles I love the novelty of using the waffle irons. Delicious too ! We did struggle to get a seat with a table that didn't wobble and moved a couple of times to avoid spilling our drinks again. The location is good for walking to some of the main tourist attractions which is all we really had time to do. Overall, happy to recommend a stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joven19
Dear Joven 19,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us while here in the US. On behalf of our entire Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City team, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. We hope to see you in the near future.

Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Me and my husband were in Philly for the July 4th weekend. We're HHonors gold member and have always enjoyed our stays with the Hilton group hotels, but sadly, not this one. When staying in a hotel, the most important thing to us is to feel comfortable and being able to sleep. We went to bed at night and then were awake by itchiness. We both did not sleep well. My husband's arm and my ankle were bitten, my ankle is still swollen and very itchy after checking out the hotel for 7 hours. I google the insect bites and most likely those are flea bites since they like to bite on the ankles. We talked to the front desk and their manager. They promised they will refund our points and will submit a report for a higher authority's review, we give their customer service credit for that but this still doesn't make up for the itchiness we have to suffer. We will not return to this hotel again if we visit Philly in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SarahWang0609
Dear SarahWang0609,

I am sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us over the 4th of July weekend. Guest safety and security is our top priority and the hotel takes an allegation of any type of bug in our hotel very serious. We have a pest control company that performs regular maintenance on our hotel who also investigates all guest issues in our hotel.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you during and/or after your stay with us. On behalf of the hotel team, thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention; it reinforces the need to maintain the procedures we have in place.