Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$211
Kimpton
US$272
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
US$246
Loews Hotels
US$404
  • Room Service
2,055 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streethomeless peoplefree breakfastbreakfast staffreading terminal marketself parkingthe breakfast areawithin walking distancehot breakfastking suiteliberty bellfront desk stafffew blocksflower showconvenient locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hampton Inn is about a 7 minute walk from the Convention Center. It offers a fantastic breakfast; coffee throughout the day; and free wifi-- also cold bottles of water-- amenities that the Convention hotels do not have. It is very reasonably priced; clean, comfortable rooms. Pool is a bit small. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. If you are going to downtown Philly, make sure you give this hotel a try. Don't miss lunch at the Reading Terminal Market which is also close by.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear 76michaelc,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to call you a guest of ours and your feedback is much appreciated.

As General Manager, I want to make you aware that your feedback inspires the entire team to ensure that we continue to work very hard to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your review/comments with our entire hotel team.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arrived here on 6/26 to attend the NHL draft on that Friday. Check in was easy and the girls at reception were polite and helpful. The parking is right across the street a little bit down towards the corner. Cost $25 a night but that is pretty much any parking lot/garage you park your car overnight in Philly. Breakfast was served in the morning, it was good, plenty of choices to choose from to eat. Coffee was good. The room we stayed in was comfortable enough and slept fine during those nights.
When I had checked in I had given them a different credit card then the one I booked it with. I got the bill under the door our last night there. Well I have to say one thing, CHECK OUT AT THE DESK! Don't do express checkout. Make sure you get a NEW copy of your bill then the one you get under the door. I went to the desk to let them know we were checking out, requested a NEW copy of the bill and have to give the girl working the desk on 6/28 props as she saw there were THREE other rooms added to my bill. When I originally made the reservations it was for 3 rooms under my name but the other parties I was with switched the other rooms over to their names when they arrived on the 27th. NONE of their names was on that check out bill. They were names I never heard of. At that point I had said I wanted whatever charges on my other credit card I booked the rooms with in case the issue is not resolved. The assistant manager made the changes on the other rooms and assured me it would be on my other credit card. I checked my account on that Monday and saw that they did not put it on the card I requested instead the other one it was on.
I left a message with the Manager on 7/1 and have never received a call back from him and today is 7/13.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear AMA5874,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We hope that you had a good time in Philly for the NHL Draft. I am sorry to hear that you had such a struggle with the billing for your room. I am very concerned to hear that the hotel has not been back in touch with you since you left a message. I would be happy to assist you should you want to clear this issue up.

I am hopeful that you will continue using the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia when your future travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia. On behalf of our team, we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in the near future and we apologize again for your experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful- especially Phyllis, the Concierge Manager!! She gave us information about a day trip and gave us perfect directions! The complimentary breakfast was fabulous!- they covered it all and it was delicious! We will not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Witchy31,

Thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It will be my pleasure to share your wonderful words regarding your experience with our management and team. I will be thrilled to personally acknowledge Phyllis for providing memorable service. Phyllis is a valuable member of our team and I greatly appreciate your acknowledgement of her service. Our entire team works very hard on making each and every guest stay a memorable stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback. On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Ad said they were close to historical attractions. Over a mile is not close to me. Location is not in a good area. Next block over has a homeless shelter. Guess I expected something nicer for such a high price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Trudiehu,

First, we would like to thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia recently and sharing your feedback with us. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to our success.

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us and our location. Although we are centrally located in Center City Philadelphia near excellent restaurant, shopping and historical sites, some, as you noted, are quite a distance from the hotel. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I feel as though we did not deliver upon that goal and I want to personally apologize to you.

Thank you for your business and the feedback regarding your stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hampton Inn in Philly paid $99 a night thru Travelzoo. Stayed 4 nights great clean hotel. Breakfast was very good and included in price, so was WiFI. Room and bathroom were good size. I would have no problem recommending hotel to anyone. The recommedned parking lot was $25.oo a night, which being from the Boston area, I found to be reasonable.The Staff was very helpful and they are one of the highlights of staying at the Hampton Inn in Philly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank billbraves

Dear BillBraves,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I have shared your feedback with our team and it inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Warm Regards,