Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$232
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Loews Hotels
US$220
2,055 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streethomeless peoplefree breakfastbreakfast staffreading terminal marketself parkingthe breakfast areawithin walking distancehot breakfastking suiteliberty bellfront desk stafffew blocksflower showconvenient locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be a good choice of hotel to visit Philly.
Good points : friendly staff, clean rooms, handy for reading terminal market, town centre, Hard Rock Cafe ,
Not so good bits: plumbing is very noisy from adjacent rooms, not so many bars or restaurants nearby.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tam S
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Tam S,

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding a recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your overall experience at the hotel, the service and location. I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience the plumbing may have caused you during your stay with us.

On behalf of our team, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Location was great for the event I attended. However, this hotel was just not what I have come to expect from a Hilton/Hampton Inn. The young woman at check in was distant and confused upon our arrival. When I asked her my room rate for the night she looked at me with a puzzled look. My wife showed her the reservation and price from a saved email on her IPAD and the front desk person replied yeah that looks about right. We were a little dismayed. When we called the front desk no one answered. The breakfast staff was very nice and pleasant but the breakfast area and breakfast wasn't great. The best part of this whole trip was the concierge, Avi. I think that was his name) He helped us with directions, he helped obtain dinner reservations,he was always friendly even in the rain.
The 35.00 a day parking for valet which is common in the area was more of a hassle than a convenience. not.
We left this hotel saying yes we would return to Philadelphia but we would NEVER stay at this Hampton Inn again. We stayed at a Hampton in Savannah in June and that was the most wonderful experience this stay in Philadelphia was NOT!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Omega21000,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia recently and for sharing your feedback with us. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to our success.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and encountered the service (lack thereof) issue at check in and you did not seem to like our breakfast. We take guest feedback such as yours and use it as a learning tool to improve the overall guest experience every day. I would like to personally apologize for what you experienced as a recent guest of ours. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible and I feel that we did not deliver on our goal. When your travel plans bring you back to the area, our hope is that you could give us another chance to show you the service and amenities that we are very proud of here at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a frequent and loyal Hilton property visitor, we chose the Hampton Inn for its combination of value, convenience and amenities. This was the first time I had stayed at an inner city Hampton Inn and the experience overall was good, with some exceptions.

We arrived on Friday evening at about 7:30. We requested a room on a high floor away from the elevators. The hotel appeared to be at capacity and it showed. There were no high floor, king bed rooms, and were given a second floor room at the end of the hall away from the elevators. While the room had no view, the room was quiet and comfortable, with quiet being important to me when I travel. The check in staff and concierge where both friendly and welcoming.
We went out for a drive and came back around 11:00 to find that the self-park lot was filled up and had no choice but to use valet. One of the reasons for selecting this hotel was the more reasonable parking prices of $35 for valet and $25 for self-park, in contrast to other hotels charging up to $50 to park. Having to use the valet was a bit of a disappointment as we preferred self park, but the valet workers were courteous and efficient.

While the room for clean and comfortable, for some reason, the first night. we were only left with a nearly empty roll of toilet paper and no spare. By the time we were aware of this, it was too late to call for someone to bring up a roll. In the morning, we called the front desk and a roll was brought up promptly along with some extra towels we had requested. My only complaint about the room was that the a/c unit was a bit noisy.

We got to breakfast around 9 am. I must say it was quite chaotic, which I understand is unavoidable when a free breakfast is offered and the hotel is busy. While the selection was good, the quality of the food was disappointing – particularly the scrambled eggs, which were really inedible. Coffee was good as usual. The breakfast on the second day was a bit better.

One of the reasons we selected the Hampton Inn was that it was one of the few hotels in Philly that offered a whirlpool, which we used twice. It was quite nice, although it might have been a bit hotter for my taste. The pool area also probably need to be cleaned a bit.

There were two final items of note which enhanced our experience at the Hampton Inn. We requested a late check out on Sunday, which they gave us at 1:00 pm, which I thought was quite generous and made our preparation for leaving the hotel on Sunday much more relaxing.

Secondly, my companion had forgotten to bring q-tips. The note in the bathroom mentioned a number of items that were available if we had forgotten something. When we went to the front desk, we enquired about q-tips and to our surprise and satisfaction, they made them available to us at no charge. That was a very nice touch.

Overall, the cleaning staff were friendly and efficient.

In terms of location, the hotel is on the edge of downtown. The area is just OK, a bit rundown, but being from New York, it didn't bother me. The reading market is very close, as is the convention center. Other tourist sites are a bit further away.

With the combination of value, convenience and amenities, I would probably stay here again if a competitive rate were available as it was this particular weekend.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the self-park lot fills up quickly and you may have no other option but to use the more expensive valet parking. There appear to be other self park lot options in the area, but we did not investigate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank schmutaki
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Schmutaki,

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding a recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to us.

As General Manager, I am disappointed by your feedback. I feel that the service and amenities that we pride ourselves on here at the Hampton Inn Center City are much better than you encountered. I assure you that what you encountered is far below our Hampton Inn standards, unacceptable and I am truly sorry and disappointed for what you experienced.

On behalf of our team, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City and for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel where all the staffs were helpful and friendly. The room I stayed was well-cleaned and organised. I definitely advise my friends to stay in this hotel in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dan W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Birasnav M,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure and your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

Your feedback inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your review/comments with our entire hotel team.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member and so I am accustomed to staying in all types of Hilton Properties, Hampton Inn included. That being said, the location in proximity to the venue we were using, price and service for this location were perfect for what I was in town for. I didnt like the fact that there were a lot of vagrants around, but that could be an issue with almost every hotel in the area; so it wasn't a show stopper for me. The only issue I had was the cost of the parking but all things considered, it was the same as other hotels in the area and there really was no way around using it unless you wanted to park in one of the areas far away and have to move your car daily.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kfowlkes,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Center City Philadelphia recently and sharing your feedback with us. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to our success.

Overall, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard on making each and every guest stay a memorable one. We thank you for your loyalty to Hilton as a valuable Honors member. On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn Center City, thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.