“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great location, great value, excellent staff I stay in Philly area every 4 - 6 weeks and when I am able to obtain reservations here, I always try to stay at this hotel. This is centrally located and is usually a great value and a beautiful hotel. The staff members are highly respectful and knowledgeable about the area. I feel safe in the hotel also. I have yet to find anything to complain about when staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
knoxville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Excellent hotel if you are visiting Philly.... We booked this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews and we were thrilled with the accommodations! Beautiful hotel, fabulous beds and friendly staff. Highly recommend....we will definitely stay at this hotel again if we have the opportunity to return to Philly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tennessee_traveller
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I really enjoyed my time at this hotel. I was impressed with all the high tech equipment and would most certainly stay here again if I am ever in the Philadelphia area. The room was a decent size, clean, and had a cozy feel to it. I loved the uniqueness of having an iHome and iPad available for your use, along side the fact that your room key can be used to maintain your desired temperature and lights setting in your room - very cool. The bathroom was also very spacious with lots of counter space. My room had a big standing shower only which I don't mind, but it might be a drawback for some people. The staff at the reception was very warm and friendly and I have no complaints there.

My only complaint was the breakfast service. I assume the hotel was short staffed because there was one waiter waiting on everyone, poor guy. He was really overwhelmed and would forget people's orders so the wait times for made-to-order food were rather long and you had to constantly remind the waiter to bring you everything from hot water for your tea to your food. The buffet had virtually no food out. Very food little was left from other guests having had eaten before my arrival so the restocking of food was not well done. I only had a croissant and yogurt but had to pay the full continental breakfast price of $17 which I wasn't too pleased with given the fact that the food that was available and the service I received was very bad. I had to wait almost 10 minutes to be seated because the available staff was too busy. Once seated it was another 10-15min wait before I was offered any tea etc. When leaving it was another 5-10min wait for someone to come at tend to me at the counter to pay my bill.
I was also not a fan of their dinner options either that are served in their restaurant, but that's just a matter of personal preference.

But overall the hotel itself for what its basic purpose is, a place to sleep and rest, it was excellent and met my expectations. I just wouldn't recommend eating there, especially when you consider the prices that are charged as well. There are plenty of nicer restaurants around town you can eat better food from for the same price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Always a smile, always a great meal and lovely room! Whenever I have an opportunity to be in the inner city of Philadelphia this is my first choice of places. It is easy to get to, a delight to be greeted at and the rooms are always ready to go. It truly makes this the city of brotherly love in the area of hotels and nearby delightful restaurants. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Had the opportunity to stay here while in town for a conference and was happy with the accommodations. Room was slightly above average in size and water pressure was great. Didn’t have a window that opened in the room, which I tend to favor, however given the time of year it was too cold outside anyway.

Bed was very comfortable and was a nice touch to have an ipad I the room to use, which was supplied by the hotel.

I stayed in room 650.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this lovely place and friendly people except maybe the valet service which is not at the hotel's level. The rooms are comfortable and clean, in other words at the level you expect from Hilton. I recommend to enjoy a nice and cozy moment next to the "fireplace" in the living room for a simple dinner and/or a glass of wine. The service is very friendly and the music soft.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is modern and beautiful. Room was immaculate and bed was nice and comfy. Staff were friendly and courteous. The IPAD in the room is a very nice touch. I only have one complaint- the parking or lack thereof. They have valet parking for a fee and I do not hand over the keys of my car to anyone. I ended up parking around the corner at the Sheraton for $38/night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business