1,616 results
All reviews penne university club university city great hotel living room room service valet parking bell staff breakfast buffet valet service business center convenient location room key few blocks bookstore wharton drexel
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently had a 65th B-Day gala for my mother here. Mr. Joseph Williams handled the organization of the event wonderfully. The room was decorated eloquently, the food was delicious, and the service was outstanding. I had family come from New Jersey, New York, and Boston and they were impressed with the rooms as much as they were with the showmanship Mr. Williams provided for my mother. As soon as she walked into the banquet hall she began to cry over the shear beauty of it. The servers were super professional and personable. I brought my mother's cake from a bakery in Washington D.C. and transported it to the hotel. The staff handled the cake brilliantly and the presentation of it was magical. I stayed the night here and this was one of the best hotel rooms I have seen. The Evolve system was very cool and I like that this establishment has taken steps towards the future and preservation of energy and the ecosystem. I was very impressed with the level of service provided by the front desk as well as Mr. Williams and his staff. My family is still calling me raving about the party and the hotel as well. Whenever I visit Philadelphia from now on this will be the place that I stay. They really deserve all of the wonderful ratings posted here.

Room tip: North side rooms have great views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
nbarag, Manager at The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Adrian-
Thank you for such kind words regarding your recent event. We enjoyed hosting your mother's birthday party, and would be honored to be a part of future celebrations. We are pleased to hear that all of our staff exceeded your service expectations. Our Evolve system is truly unique and is cutting edge technology to help reduce our footprint on the world. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was in town for my boyfriend's mom birthday day. Her birthday party was in the hotel. I'll start with the room. The room was breathtaking. It was very clean and modern. We even had a ipad in the room that we could use while we stayed there. The staff was polite and very helpful. It was easy checking into the hotel. From the valet to check we had no problems.

The ballroom the party was in was amazing. We had the wonderful Mr. Joey ensuring everything ran smoothly. The staff was very attentive. We dance, ate, and drank half the night away. My boyfriend's mother had a blast. Everytime I go to Philly I will definitely stay at this hotel and recommend anyone to have a party there as well. BRAVO!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
nbarag, Manager at The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are pleased to hear that your event was flawless and well taken care of. We look to provide beautifully appointed accommodations, with an flair of innovation and modern touches. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I made the too-far trek on foot from the 30th Street train station to this hotel. My advice: grab a cab. Upon walking up to the driveway, a very nice attendant greeted me and immediately offered to hold my bag while I ran to the convenience store to which he referred me. When I got back 10 minutes later, he called me by name, welcomed me again, and set the tone for a high-end experience that hasn't disappointed.

The hotel is very nice, old-world clubby feeling and full of smart-looking people in bow ties (it is Penn, after all). The hotel is extraordinarily high tech: you put your key in a slot by the door to keep all systems activated (sans key, everything shuts off to save energy, which I get). Everyone touts the iPad in every room, but in my opinion, it's much ado about nothing, as the damned thing doesn't even have a web browser loaded, so all you can do is read about hotel policies. Weird. Maybe it's brand new and still in testing phase.

At any rate, my standard room is quite nice, very updated, and sophisticated in both appointments and the aforementioned technology. There's a vessel sink (looks cool, utterly impractical) and nice accoutrements. I went off site for dinner, and the same bellman (can't recall his name, but it starts with a "D" and he was great) quickly hailed me a cab, then was hugely apologetic when it turned out the cab was for someone else, and all was quickly resolved.

I did a quick workout in the 3rd floor gym this morning. It's nothing special, but certainly better than what one normally finds, with free weights, about eight various cardio machines, and some big rubber balls. Actually, upon reflection, the gym is something fairly special. I had breakfast--comped continental bkfst--in the University Club, which was more than adequate. The coffee isn't phenomenal, but it is phenomenally strong.

There is also a lovely room, "the Library," off the lobby where I'm meeting with a colleague shortly. It's very old-world clubby, with huge wing chairs and a fireplace. Nice, if a little out of sync with the uber-modern technology elsewhere in the hotel.

Bottom line: this is a very nice place and it's certainly the best location if you're doing business with Penn. It's not cheap, but it's worth the price to be right on campus. I'll definitely stay here from now on.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank shlevine

Dear Shelvine-
Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay. We appreciate the detailed feedback. We will definitely be looking into your iPad suggestion, as we definitely want it to be utilized by guests for all of their needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Upon arriving we were warmly greeted by a gentleman offering to assist with our bags and park our car.
The warm greeting did not end there, at check in we received the same type of welcome.
During our weekend stay we came and went often and had many questions for the staff as this was our first visit to Philadelphia. Each conversation with staff members was very pleasant and informative.
With an incoming freshman student at Drexel, we will certainly consider the Inn at Penn our go to place for the next four years and beyond as we visit the Philadelphia area.
Many thanks to all for a job well done!!!

1  Thank David K

Dear David K-
Thank you for choosing the Inn at Penn for your college visit. We are pleased to hear about your exceptional stay, and look forward to having you visit over the next four years. We would be happy to guide you to the best attractions, arts, history and culture that Philadelphia has to offer. Best of luck to your son/daughter at Drexel!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

By far the best hotel in Philadelphia! Tremendous, courteous staff that will do whatever they can to make your stay a good one. The rooms are beautiful and the bathrooms have a great modern feel. We also had an iPad in our room for our convenience. The location couldn't be any better in terms of safety and ease of access to local attractions.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: February 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay. We appreciate the high remarks, and will pass it along to our staff, as they take great pride in the service we provide. We do have a wonderful location close to all that Philly has to offer, in the the safe, smart side of the city. Be sure to stay with us again soon!