“Great Event”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phila, United States
“Great Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This Hilton location exceeded my families expectations for the rate and service we received for our son's wedding event. The facilities and Staff were excellent. Made us feel very comfortable. The location was very convenient to get to many areas within the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for the great review! We do have a fantastic location to get to all that Philadelphia has to offer. We are happy to hear that the wedding was all that you had hoped for. Be sure to stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This up to date and comfortable, upscale, Hilton property is perfectly located in the University city section of Philly. Old world decor gives it a University Club feel but the rooms are completely up to date and very comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to assist and the friendly attitude starts at valet parking and extends to the staff you pass in the hall. From the hotel, it is only a block to the heart of the Penn campus, a few blocks to Drexel and a 10 cab ride to most parts of center city. Local pubs and restaurants are only a block or two and it's quiet. This property has good rates but it can also be high- comparable to the lower rates at the lux properties downtown. This Hilton is a great option if you want to be on this end of the city

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Spiegs1968-
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay. We do have the perfect location in Philly, close to all that the city has to offer, but in a quiet and safe area near the college campuses. With well appointed rooms and a staff dedicated to the highest level of service, we are pleased to hear that we could exceed your expectations. Be sure to stay with us again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

If you are ever in Philadelphia, PA, this is the place you would want to stay!!! Hospitality is definitely their "middle name". They were extremely accommodating and the entire staff was so pleasant and warm which helped to ease my anticipation of the upcoming conference of which i was the Conference Administrative Coordinator. The hotel is absolutely beautiful as well. I promise you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and we could help you to 'de-stress' before your conference. Thank you for recommending us to others. Be sure to stay with us again soon!
Camden, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had the honor of assisting my family to plan the 65th birthday of my cousin Vicki White . We needed somewhere local for the out if town families from NY and MASS. We found the Hilton Inn at Penn. From the first phone call I knew this was a good choice. The c/s staff directed me to the AWESOME Mr. JOE WILLIAMS. He listened to my ideas and made suggestions to fit my needs.
The weather wasn't' friendly so I could not go there to pick out much of anything, however on 2.22.14 when I arrived I was in tears. The room was beautiful!!! The sound system was perfect, the food...THE FOOD WAS ...let's just say, at the End, there wasn't any. The staff waited on each table and was so professional yet friendly. Anything I needed throughout the night, Joe was right on point. The guest asked me how long had we been planning this? I told them 1.5 months, snow and all. I have worked for US Senators for many years, been to many functions, but none as smooth and as elegant as this. Also, Ms. NaShe Scott took care of the rooms for the out of towners. She and Joe stayed in touch with me via phone and email to the End. I would be remissed if I didn't mention the valet staff. Took care of my car as if it was their own. The Hilton Inn at Penn is a gem. I Hope to have my next event there. Thank you so very much Joe Williams!!!!!!!

Sheilah Greene

nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Sheilah-
Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent event. It was such a pleasure planning and hosting your event. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed it as much as we did. We look forward to hosting your next event. We will be sure to pass your thanks along to Nashe and Joe, as they will be very happy to hear from you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My son gave me a 65th birthday party! The hotel was chosen and it was on. Mr Joseph Williams and his staff made a dream come true. The service of the hotel was exceptional. The rooms were gorgeous and the Evolve system is very eco friendly. Then I came down to the banquet room and WOW! It took my breath away. Mr Williams had it appointed beautifully. The music, food, staff worked well and everything was much more than I could have dreamed of. This is truly a birthday I will remember for life. I had friends and family there from Mass. NJ, DC., Va. and all raved about the elegance and politeness of the surrondings and staff. The event was a deam come true! The service at the front desk and the banquet was just very nice. All my guests called to tell me how they enjoyed the event. And family enjoyed the stay. Thank you all and Mr. Joeseph Williams, I could not have asked for more. Now for the wedding!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and the view is better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Vicki-
Thank you for the raving reviews on your recent birthday party at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that we could exceed your expectations. Your son was great to work with, and our sales and banquets team truly enjoyed putting together your event. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Happy Birthday!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently had a 65th B-Day gala for my mother here. Mr. Joseph Williams handled the organization of the event wonderfully. The room was decorated eloquently, the food was delicious, and the service was outstanding. I had family come from New Jersey, New York, and Boston and they were impressed with the rooms as much as they were with the showmanship Mr. Williams provided for my mother. As soon as she walked into the banquet hall she began to cry over the shear beauty of it. The servers were super professional and personable. I brought my mother's cake from a bakery in Washington D.C. and transported it to the hotel. The staff handled the cake brilliantly and the presentation of it was magical. I stayed the night here and this was one of the best hotel rooms I have seen. The Evolve system was very cool and I like that this establishment has taken steps towards the future and preservation of energy and the ecosystem. I was very impressed with the level of service provided by the front desk as well as Mr. Williams and his staff. My family is still calling me raving about the party and the hotel as well. Whenever I visit Philadelphia from now on this will be the place that I stay. They really deserve all of the wonderful ratings posted here.

Room Tip: North side rooms have great views
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Adrian-
Thank you for such kind words regarding your recent event. We enjoyed hosting your mother's birthday party, and would be honored to be a part of future celebrations. We are pleased to hear that all of our staff exceeded your service expectations. Our Evolve system is truly unique and is cutting edge technology to help reduce our footprint on the world. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was in town for my boyfriend's mom birthday day. Her birthday party was in the hotel. I'll start with the room. The room was breathtaking. It was very clean and modern. We even had a ipad in the room that we could use while we stayed there. The staff was polite and very helpful. It was easy checking into the hotel. From the valet to check we had no problems.

The ballroom the party was in was amazing. We had the wonderful Mr. Joey ensuring everything ran smoothly. The staff was very attentive. We dance, ate, and drank half the night away. My boyfriend's mother had a blast. Everytime I go to Philly I will definitely stay at this hotel and recommend anyone to have a party there as well. BRAVO!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review. We are pleased to hear that your event was flawless and well taken care of. We look to provide beautifully appointed accommodations, with an flair of innovation and modern touches. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.