“Best Kept Secret In Philadelphia”
Review of Hilton Inn at Penn

Hilton Inn at Penn
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Inn at Penn is the most comfortable and inviting hotel I have ever visited. I am a patient at Abramson Cancer Center. When I arrived on a cold, rainy night, a lovely man named Teddy helped me get my bags to my room. I was so weak from treatments, he had to help get me to my room as well. After unloading the bags from his cart, he unloaded the items that needed to go in the refrigerator and even insisted on setting the clock on the microwave. He double checked to make sure I had everything I needed before leaving. The bed was super cozy with an overstuffed comforter, turned down with chocolate candies on the pillow, a white terry cloth rob on the bed and mellow jazz music on the radio. I slept like a rock.

The entire staff at the hotel goes out of their way to meet your every need with a smile. They are all professionals, many of whom have made a career of service at this hotel, including Miss Bessie, the concierge who is in her fourteenth year and can meet your every request with a smile. Teddy has been working here for six years as has most of the desk staff. They all do their jobs with pride and professionalism..

The front desk operation manager, Michael Moran, is fairly new but he has clearly adopted the Hilton standards of making guest service a priority. He went out of his way to find me a room at another Hilton property when the Inn at Penn was full one night during my extended stay.

I will definitely stay at this hotel every chance I get when I return to Philadelphia. I have absolutely no complaints about the service I have received.

Room Tip: I have stayed here at least eight times and all the rooms are excellent. The exercise room is on th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TennesseeTraveler001
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful detailed review of your recent stay. We truly appreciate the kind words about all of our staff, and will be sure to pass along your gratitude. Our staff does strive to go out of their way to make the best experiences for all of our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We wish you good health and a speedy recovery.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This beautiful hotel, right on the University of Pennsylvania campus, is warm, inviting and beautifully located with top notch service and lovely rooms. It is a Hilton franchise hotel, owned by the University and maintains a green attitude throughout. The decor is art deco, simple and tasteful, the reception is efficient and polite, the rooms modern yet cozy. We stayed on the promotional package of eat, park, sleep and it was a great value for the money. I very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and look forward to having you return in the future. Come back soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had the joy of staying at Inn at Penn recently, and felt that both nights of our two night stay were made as perfect as possible by the staff. From the valet to the desk staff to the bellhops, we felt welcome. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. We enjoyed company one evening when our daughter and son-in-law stopped by for a glass of wine, and the room was nicely furnished with a settee and comfortable chairs that accommodated visitors.

The location for us was perfect, as well. There are lots of nice cafes within easy walking distance, as well as a great bookstore adjacent to the hotel. We didn't eat at the hotel, but next time, we will try, as they had several different options. For this trip, meals were scheduled...elsewhere.

The staff greeted us and were always ready to assist, and with smiles. They may have one of the most cheerful group of staff members we've experienced! This was especially appreciated since our visit was prompted by illness of a family member. Though it was a stressful time, we were pleased with our stay at Inn at Penn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. We will pass along your gratitude to our staff, as we strive to provide the best service to all of our valued guests. We are thankful that you chose the Inn at Penn in your time of need, and hope that will get the chance to stay with us again in order to enjoy and explore the city.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a beautiful, impressive hotel that you will be comfortable in with your family, or entertaining business. However, the most impressive thing about the hotel is the staff, who were all extremely helpful, courteous and attentive. This is the only hotel I'll stay in when I have business in the University City area of Philly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you will choose our hotel for all your business in Philadelphia in the future. We have the perfect location just a short trip from the center of downtown, and near great restaurants in University City. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is the very best place to stay in Philly if you need to be near U Penn or the vaunted hospital and medical care complex. Excellent in most respects and good in others outside of price(s). Park your own car and avoid room service. The basic rate is high but isn't too bad when compared to the competition.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the candid review of your recent stay. We do offer valet and room services as additional amenities to our guests for their convenience. Although located right on the UPenn campus, and within close proximity to CHOP, we are just a quick train or cab ride to the heart of downtown as well. Be sure to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I just spend 3 days at the Hilton Inn at Penn, it definetely exceeded my expectations! The Front Desk Team is very friendly thank you Deno! Rooms are very modern and confortable, breakfast was also very good, location was very nice! Definetly recomended...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChevinArgueta
nbarag, Manager at Hilton Inn at Penn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We will be sure to pass your gratitude on to Deno and the rest of the staff! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Be sure to come back soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The 3 of us had an excellent stay here. It was such a nice hotel and in a good location (safe and close to many places). We had a good package deal for 2 nights because we were in town for a concert. The room was nice and clean and had plenty of room / comfort. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was awesome. I look forward to coming back to Philly in the future and exploring more, and when I do I will stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your concert and the city, and look forward to having you stay with us again. Our location is perfect for exploring Philly, close to the largest train station, the beautiful river walk, and plenty of restaurants. Be sure to come back soon!