“Found a Gem in a Large City...”

Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
“Found a Gem in a Large City...”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed here for three nights with my husband and three year old son. From the moment we arrived, the staff was very attentive and accomodating. The inn is in a fabulous location right near Rittenhouse Square. The inn itself is extremely clean and the staff is very professional yet friendly. The rooms are nicely equipped and the hotel provides luxury linens and Molton Brown bath products. Truthfully, I was a bit apprehensive about staying here as boutique hotels aren't always the best choice when traveling with a small child, but everyone at the inn was great with my son and made us feel very comfortable. On the second morning, while enjoying the complimentary continental breakfast, the owner of the hotel, Jared, stopped at our table to find out how we were enjoying the hotel which my husband and I both appreciated. In addition, we asked him if he could recommend a restaurant for dinner and he recommended a great restaurant around the corner from the hotel and even went so far as to personally make us a reservation when he could have easily asked one of his staff to do it for him. My husband and I can be critical of hotels and are very picky, and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I would not hesitate to stay here again, even with my son. In fact, when traveling to Philadelphia in the future, I probably will not stay anywhere else but the Rittenhouse 1715!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystal L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a nice boutique hotel! Amazing bed, nice bathroom with good water pressure and the best thing of all . . . the staff! They genuinely want to make sure you have a great time in their city. They are always eager to help with restaurant recommendations and directions to our destinations. When returning to our hotel in the evening . . they seem very happy to see us. Almost like family coming home!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel may be a little hard to find, but it is a top recommendation for staying in Philadelphia. It is small and very quiet, but the service is good and friendly, and the rooms are sensational. It also offers a normal breakfast cafe in the basement. The location is ok, the street being much more like an alleyway, and is surrounded by much taller buildings, but is a block away from Rittenhouse Square.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Excellent location, excellent accommodation, excellent customer service. In addition, the price we got through a TA Sniqueaway deal (a standard room for two w/ continental breakfast for $169 plus tax) made our stay even better. The desk staff and the concierge were wonderful.....professional, polite, friendly. Parking at nearby garage for only $15 for 24 hours. By the way, my girlfriend added an omelette ($8) to her continental breakfast and said it was the best she ever had. Compliments to the chef!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have now stayed several times at this wonderful small hotel. It's more like a B&B that has customer service as the top priority. The staff is charming and enthusiastic and more than happy to respond promptly to any request! I love it here...it's the only place I stay in Philly. Daniel and all the staff are awesome! By the way...I am really picky about my coffee(being from Seattle) and prefer it on the stronger side and it passes the test!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rita J
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Perfect!!! It's only think I can say about our stay!
Marian - she is the person, who deserve the highest appreciation.
We took two rooms for one night. Everything was immaculate. The beds were very comfortable, rooms - quiet, air - just perfect!
Right next to hotel is parking lot. It is more expensive then others, but you can see your car any time you want from the hotel's window (I have expensive Cadillac with my customer's belongings).
Now always when I'll go to The City of Brotherly Love I will stay here.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Halifax
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed 2 nights in this charming small hotel. The location is excellent for dining, sightseeing or shopping. The rooms are are very comfortable with superb beds, everything you need is provided including a safe, etc. The staff were so friendly and helpful. This is an upmarket, individual hotel in a period building which makes it special. Continental breakfast is included and there was plenty of choice. We would love to stay again should we be lucky enough to return to Philladelphia.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple