Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
US$214
US$174
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquiet streetdrawing roomcontinental breakfastmolton brown toiletriessmall hotelpresidential suiteplasma tvwine and cheeseeach eveningyogurtthird floorhard boiled eggslovely roomwonderful staybed was very comfortabledefinitely stay here againparking garage
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here after a five year gap and were warmly welcomed and even UPGRADED!. Each room is charming and unique. Great free breakfast and wine and cheese at 5:00pm. Staff are exceptionally accommodating and even called us in advance to see if there was anything they could do to ease our stay. Great location in Center city and near the best shopping (Boyd's, Joan Shepp) and restaurants. And Philadelphia is a foodie's delight.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are only accessible by several flights of stairs. Be sure to ask if this an issue for you. They rooms with faux fireplace are lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Renee G, Guest Services Associate at Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Dsn624,

We are pleased to hear that you’ve come back to stay with us after such a long absence! It is true that all of our rooms are uniquely decorated, even within the same room type, and it is nice to hear that you find them all to be charming. Thank you very much for your compliments about our staff and the continental breakfast as well. Hopefully you will be back in Philadelphia before another five years pass to enjoy more of our great restaurants and shopping, and we look forward to seeing you again then!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a night en route from London to Pittsburgh. The Rittenhouse 1715 challenged the taxi driver [why are US taxis so uncomfortable?] but he got there and a new member of staff popped out to welcome me when I missed the front door - in my defence this is three converted houses and the opening isn't completely obvious. I was made very welcome and was escorted to my room which was large and superbly furnished. Other welcoming features - wi-fi is included and works very well and a couple of bottles of wine were opened around 5.30pm in a communal guest lounge so that guests could relax and meet some new faces. A dinner reservation, a taxi in the morning and an early-morning wake-up call were all taken care of with grace. The location means that I could walk to Market Street to find my restaurant through the old part of the city which helped me to revive after the flight. By the time I returned it was around midnight UK time and I crashed out. The bed is a delight and I had an uninterrupted night's sleep. The bathroom was great and it had one of those rainfall showers which could wake anyone up. The continental breakfast was included although the omelette ($11) and the orange juice ($8) were not. So, $306 for one night in a superior room with breakfast. Luxury costs, but in terms of making me feel welcome and giving me a good night's sleep then it's worth it. The Rittenhouse 1715 helped turn Philadelphia from a city into home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin_Dillon

Dear Professor Dillon,

Thank you so much for considering us your home in Philadelphia. As the primary function of a hotel is to provide travelers with a good night’s sleep, we are pleased to find that you found your room to be well-furnished and comfortable. We are also glad to hear that our staff did everything possible to make you feel welcome in our city, and that you were able to enjoy the Old City area and our great restaurants. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Philadelphia!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at Rittenhouse 1715 for two nights earlier this week. We found it a convenient and comfortable small hotel in one of the most interesting areas of Philadelphia. The bedroom was spacious and quiet, quite attractively furnished, and with a very comfortable mattress. The only slight difficulty was that the closet, located in the narrow passage running from the door into the main part of the room, was dark, making it difficult to see the clothes hanging within it, or the key-pad for the in-room safe that it also contained (it would be advisable to have a light fitted in this area, perhaps one internal to the closet and operated by the opening and closing of its doors). Staff were helpful and efficient, and the public areas of the hotel light and spacious. The complimentary glass of wine at the end of the afternoon was a nice touch. The complimentary continental breakfast was more than adequate, though for those who want more substantial cooked breakfasts, these are available on request for a charge. I was initially a little concerned by the parking arrangements, which involved delivering the car oneself to a busy local garage whose operations seemed casual to the point of being somewhat chaotic when I arrived there (the last I saw of my car was its being driven towards a ramp with the driver's door still ajar). But in the event, all worked well, and the $18 a day parking charge was certainly very reasonable for the centre of a major American city. Thus overall, Rittenhouse 1715 deserves its reputation as an efficiently run, upmarket boutique hotel in an attractive period building.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel1000Glen
Renee G, Guest Services Associate at Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Traveller1000Ottawa,

Thank you very much for your compliments about the hotel and the neighborhood. Our location is certainly an asset, and we try to use it to our advantage as often as possible. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed our continental breakfast, as we have made a sincere effort to source items locally, and in-house when possible.

From your description of the room, I can tell that you stayed in room 206, which does have a light in its closet, as do all of our rooms. The light switch, which is located inside the closet, must have been obstructed. I apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused for you. The suggestion to have the light turn on when the closet opens is a good one. I will suggest it to the owner for when he chooses to renovate the rooms.

While the Latimer Garage can be casual, they have always taken very good care of the cars they have kept for our guests, and remain one of the best deals for parking in Center City, especially in the Rittenhouse Square area.

Thank you again for your stay at Rittenhouse 1715, and for your kind words. We hope to see you again if you come back to Philadelphia.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My stay was perfect in every way! This hotel exuded royal, but friendly, hospitality in every way. There is a sign in the room that says if you forgot anything that you need while in the hotel, the staff is available 24/7 to go and get it for you. Wow, I don't know any other place that aims to please like that! The atmosphere of the rooms and restaurant give the impression of staying in your best friend's house. I don't get to Philadelphia often but I wish that this hotel was cloned in cities all over the world. It would take traveling away from home to a whole new level!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mrs. D,

Thank you so much for staying with us again and for writing another equally kind review of our hotel. We try to do as much as we can to ensure the comfort of our guests, and we are very glad to hear that you appreciate those efforts.

We have often heard that the decor of the hotel gives guests the impression of staying in a relative’s home, but it sounds so much nicer to think of it as staying in a best friend’s home. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Philadelphia.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My two week stay at the Rittenhouse 1715 was outstanding in every way. I have travelled widely and consider my stay in this hotel to be the best hotel accommodation that I have ever had.
Under the excellent management of Daniel, Rittenhouse 1715 is exemplary in all aspects.
The hotel's location,decor, cleanliness, friendly service and attention to each guest's needs cannot be faulted. Thank you to all of the staff at Rittenhouse 1715 for a delightful home away from home.

Room Tip: My room on the third floor faced the street and at no time was I disturbed by street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Renee G, Guest Services Associate at Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Margaret,

It was an absolute pleasure to get to know you over the two weeks that you stayed with us. Thank you very much for all of your compliments and for considering us the best hotel accommodation that you have ever had. That praise means a lot to us. Daniel is certainly a fantastic manager; we all enjoy working with him and with each other.

We hope that if you come back to Philadelphia that you will be able to stay with us again!

Kindest Regards,