“Food”
Review of Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan
Ranked #216 of 4,359 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family and I eat at Uzbekistan all the time. The food is absolutely delish! The prices are great for any income,They have American speaking servers that make things even better. You have to go and try!

Visited August 2013

Lewes, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was amazing, but service was terrible!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I are from Delaware, and we drive to the Net Cost grocery store once every couple of months. We always stop by Uzbekistan Restaurant, because their food is amazing and prices are pretty low. But last time we went, we were very dissapointed with the service, and we don't think we will ever be back.
It was a TUESDAY afternoon, around 4 pm, there were just 2 other tables besides ours. Food was great as always, but we didn't get any kind of sauce for Samsa, or Shish-kebab. No big deal. There were 3 servers there, but they were all sitting around at the little bar area next to the restrooms. I kept looking around and waving to them, and then I had to actually get up, walk all the way up to the server and ask for sause. The meal was great, and we were ready to go, because we had a 2.5 hour drive ahead of us. It took us probably about 20 minutes to make our server notice us (she was too busy sitting around with other servers) just to get our check, and 10 more minutes to actually leave after we paid, because they were taking forever to bring the credit card back. Horrible experience, should have ordered everything to go.

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Authentic cuisine - delish!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Being somewhat unfamiliar with the menu items proved a little challenging when ordering but the food was very good and recognizable once brought to the table. Mushroom barley soup was very flavorful - the greek salad was enough for 2 people. One entree the Georgian stew was very good with a tomato based sauce and lost of herbs in the sauce. For dessert we opted for the cheese filled dumplings with fruit sauce ... which resulted in a bowl full and enough to be brought home and eaten for several days! Don't be discouraged by the slight language barrier you might find with the staff, all are friendly, extremely accommodating. Over all, this place is worth the trip!

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Unusual, authentic, delicious”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This restaurant is so good, we took a detour on the recent trip to NY just to eat lunch there. It's Russian food with quite a few Central Asian dishes on the menu. Most are inexpensive and all the ones we tried were delicious. There is a nice selection of hearty soups, kabobs and dumplings. The portions are generous, so I suggest doing it family-style - ordering several dished and sharing. Do try their cherry dumplings. The restaurant is definitely unusual - seating is in cosy rooms and alcoves, so even when it's busy, you never feel crowded. If it's warm outside, I recommend outdoor seating in one of the little summer gazebos that are quite private with reed walls. Even though the restaurant is on a busy road, the outdoor seating feels like a relaxing private garden. By the way, there is plenty of parking in the back, surrounded by rose bushes and grape vines.

• Visited May 2013
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food - but overcharged!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

What an unusual restaurant; an exciting and exotic ambiance, great food, decent service - and then we're overcharged by approx $ 18 on a lunch for 2 people.

Today's meal was a social occasion, so I didn't want to get into an argument with the server, but the amount of the bill (written in cyrillic, which I don't understand) bothered me - so I looked at their menue on the web afterwards. I was correct about being overcharged; she billed me $ 44 instead of approx $ 26.00. I'll be calling the owner tomorrow to get it resolved.

I'd like to upgrade my review; it's up to him.

• Visited April 2013