“Bootleggers Tour was everything and so much more”

Grim Philly Twilight Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$25.00*
and up
Dark Philly Adult Night Tour
Ranked #2 of 251 Nightlife in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: With a seedier R-Rated mature audience's aspect, Grim Philly reveals the less told, often bloody; sometimes embarrassing (grim) histories of our city through meticulously researched tours conducted by professors, authors, and young professionals. Ghost and vampire lore are explored, and language used by our guides is more than often not suitable for children or the prudish. A wide variety of topics include ghost hunting, serial killers, and gangsters to magick, Voodoo and brothels; riots, local pirates, and the Jersey Devil. Tours are offered by foot, tavern, and boat. Voted Best Philly tours and featured on Travel Chanel- we are open year round though offerings, hours, and departure change seasonally.
“Bootleggers Tour was everything and so much more”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On a whim I purchased the tour as something different for my girlfriend and I to try. I have lived in Philadelphia my whole life and was still amazed at how much new information I learned on the tour. Joe was an awesome guide and we are both looking forward to our next tour with him.

Visited April 2014

Boothwyn
“Great time and as always interesting and new info even for a history buff.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was my second grim Philly tour and I definitely plan on doing more. This is history of a different sort for those who thought they knew all there was to know. The adult tour is something akin to henry rollins version of ten things you didnt know. Not only is the information presented in an upbeat and timely fashion guides are down right friendly and can handle hecklers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recommend this tour! I've gone twice with different friends and family and each time has been great!

Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Vampires, Sex, and Ghosts, Oh my!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went for a date night and it was so much fun! Our tour guide was Brittany and she really knows her stuff. It was very interesting to learn about our founding fathers and the city of brotherly love back in the 1800s. I don't want to give anything away, but I will never be able to walk through Washington Square without thinking about what we learned that night. Totally worth the price of the ticket, especially if you buy from a deal site. I would highly recommend this activity for date nights, night out with friends, and people with a darker sense of humor or fascination! We plan to do another tour in the summer!

“Great night out”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I really enjoyed the Va,pure, Sex and Ghost tour through Old City Philadelphia. It's so interesting to become a tourist in my own city. The tour guide's stories were so descriptive, they put you in the era. I loved learning so many historical facts about the great dirt of Philadelphia (although some of the facts did not seem so great and I am glad I don't live among the sewage and death of those days gone by.)