“Great Exhibits in a Beautiful Space” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Arthur Ross Gallery
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Exhibits in a Beautiful Space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been to this gallery for multiple exhibits, and they were all wonderfully curated. One of the most enjoyable aspects of the space is the fact that the gallery has about 3-4 exhibits each year, so there is always something new and interesting to see. The staff is friendly and happy to answer questions. Student docents also give guided tours on the weekend, which makes the experience more interactive and educational. The gallery itself has beautiful windows, and is located inside a stunning neo-Gothic building. Overall, I highly recommend looking into the current exhibit and checking it out!

Visited March 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful space - great exhibition!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We came to the Gallery to see the William H. Johnson show and just loved learning about the painter. Staff gave us a tour and we got so much out of this visit.

Visited January 2014
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highly Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I truly enjoyed the Rodin show, which looked beautiful in this intimate space. Sometimes it is good to go to a smaller gallery that isn't so overwhelming. And the historic videos on Rodin and the foundries were bonuses. I've been here before, and each time it is a surprisingly jewel.

Visited November 2013
delco,pa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I was in the neighborhood and decided to view this.I was just there In November. I went by myself .

When i tried to do the cell phone audio tour the guards kept harrassing me while I was attempting to figure it out( there was very little instructions at the front and no data on the codes to each work of art) After Harassing me for thr 4th time about my cell phone( even though all iw as doing was hitting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, 12 and the pound key to hear each art work tour.

If they are going to have a cell phone tour, then you have to let people TOUCH THIER PHONES! Its 2011! people have to check thier phones all the time for work, etc,I dont mean make calls. but People need to be tethered to other places now.

I have been to a dozen different art museums throughout the US and I have NEVER once been so insulted and harassed like this . Ever. Thank God It was a free exhibit. But if this is how they treat you when its free, Then i am going to go elsewhere and pay.
Not recommended for any art enthusiasts.

Visited November 2011