“Cheesesteaks” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Newport News, Virginia
“Cheesesteaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! If you have the courage to find cheesesteaks that are not in the best area but taste amazing then go here! The line was almost 1 1/2 hour wait. It was so worth. I suggest going during the day for safety purposes.

New York City, New York
“Solid Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very friendly service and tasty cheesesteaks. The whole size is a huge 2ft sub roll and a small is that roll cut in half. And they fill those rolls thick with chopped steak which makes them, to my mind, different in a good way when a lot of places probably put half as much into their subs.

• Visited May 2014
Albany, New York
“Best in Philly! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I've tried Pat's, Geno's, and Chickie's and Pete's. Max's is hands down the best! The environment was actually nice. Real people with culture and beautiful spirits. It shows that great things can come from humble places. I never felt uncomfortable there.

4 Thank Haki M
Prince George's County, Maryland
“A must visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I feel bad. I spent 4 years at Temple for my undergrad degree and passed this pace frequently yet drove to Jim's to get a cheesesteak. While on a quick baby moon w/my husband to Philly he mentioned this place at the recommendation of his coworker because I'd mentioned wanting a cheesesteak. Best decision ever.

1. Don't come for good service. Come for the cheesesteak. At door is where you order. We were here almost 25 minutes because we made a mistake wanting to analyze the menu. Look at the menu from the door, in line. You've been warned.

2. Don't fret parking. Park. Lock your doors as you do at home. Go get your food and keep it moving. We arrived at 11 pm at night on a Friday and had no problems.

3. Know that the cheesesteak is legit. Best I ever had and I've had a few. Don't play w/your order. Less is best. I prefer Provolone but cheese wiz fits some peoples boat. Or do both. But don't over do it.

4. Expect a free sample, request to buy something or the server asking for a tip. Be cordial. Smile. But keep it moving if you aren't interested.

You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jknecole
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We went here out of recommendation from a friend who used to live in Pennsylvania. Let me first warn you that this restaurant is not in the best area-- at all. However, everyone was really nice.

The man on the grill can do 1000 things at once. So if he asks you your order give it to him-- he is listening. I got the cheesesteak w onions. My boyfriend w out onions. They put mayo on their cheesesteak which I was slightly worried about but our friend said do it. And let me tell you- it was absolutely delicious. A "half" sub is 12 inches. And it was only $7.50. I ate mine in like 5 minutes. I couldn't stop! Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013