“Legit And super cheap”

Cuisines: Indian
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Legit And super cheap”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Ordered take out and it was super fast, they said it was going to be ready to pick up in 15 min and voila, there it was. I had ordered food for 2 people. One order of baigan bharta, onion naan and plain basmati rice, we were completely full!! Really good and cheap!

• Visited June 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Best Tandoori!”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

It has the best Indian around the area. The atmosphere may not be the great but value and taste of food is superb. Best Tandoori Chicken ever!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Indian I've ever eaten”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I am lucky enough to live walking distance to Ekta so I eat it at least once a month. I have only dined in once, but I get takeout often. Their paneer and chicken tikka masala is phenomenal.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kristen G
Wilmington, Delaware
“Wonderful food - unobtrusive service - good prices!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We celebrated my birthday at the Philadelphia location of Ekta Indian Cuisine. The food was absolutely delicious. I had the best Chicken Korma I have ever had. My wife had the Malai Kofta, which had just the right amount of spice.

The service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive to our requests, and was especially helpful in describing vegan options for the other members of our party.

The dining area is small. Most of the seats were taken during our visit. Entree prices are mostly in the $11.99 to $14.99 range, and there is a separate entrance for takeout. The menu is on line, if you want to check it out.

Highly recommended! We'll be back!

• Visited March 2012
“Great Food But Need the Weekday Lunch Buffet!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The Bryn Mawr location of this resturant has been a favorite for my friends and myself for lunch buffet. The food is exquisitely seasoned and the simple space is nice. However, they stopped doing a week day buffet. Because of this, we will never if rarely come back. It was so nice to walk in, grab some excellent grub and walk back to work. Now, we can't get a fast meal there on weekdays so we can't go. Some of us are angry.
They have the best food! But they've been skimping on the goodies lately. They used to provide these little rollup dishes to the table and naan. Now, they illiminated them without ceremony and make excuses for it as if THEY are the ones they think of NOT their customers.
Too bad. The dishes are a bit fatty - they could use milk instead of cream or something to make them more palatable.
Wish their waiters would leave me alone - they keep grabbing my plate before I'm finished.
But the food is truly worth trying - the best Indian food, hands down.
I'm sad that I can't go there anymore.
If they bring back the weekday buffet, you will hear from me again!

• Visited January 2012