“Take-Out Better Option Than Dining In”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ekta Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1,019 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago
“Take-Out Better Option Than Dining In”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Take-out is a better option than dining in.

The restaurant itself is pretty much a hole in the wall. Not welcoming, not inviting- decor is non-existent, no ambiance. Service left a lot to be desired- waiter was indifferent.

Because of the above reasons coupled with the small portions, I find this restaurant to actually be more on the expensive side for a "hole in the wall" Indian restaurant. The bill come out to $45 for 2 ppl without drinks of course.

Back in Chicago, I'm used to getting twice as much food for much cheaper and the quality and service is better all around.

I thought the food itself was decent but nothing special especially if you are used to eating good, authentic Indian food.

• Visited July 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Legit And super cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Ordered take out and it was super fast, they said it was going to be ready to pick up in 15 min and voila, there it was. I had ordered food for 2 people. One order of baigan bharta, onion naan and plain basmati rice, we were completely full!! Really good and cheap!

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Best Tandoori!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

It has the best Indian around the area. The atmosphere may not be the great but value and taste of food is superb. Best Tandoori Chicken ever!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Indian I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I am lucky enough to live walking distance to Ekta so I eat it at least once a month. I have only dined in once, but I get takeout often. Their paneer and chicken tikka masala is phenomenal.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kristen G
Wilmington, Delaware
“Wonderful food - unobtrusive service - good prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We celebrated my birthday at the Philadelphia location of Ekta Indian Cuisine. The food was absolutely delicious. I had the best Chicken Korma I have ever had. My wife had the Malai Kofta, which had just the right amount of spice.

The service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive to our requests, and was especially helpful in describing vegan options for the other members of our party.

The dining area is small. Most of the seats were taken during our visit. Entree prices are mostly in the $11.99 to $14.99 range, and there is a separate entrance for takeout. The menu is on line, if you want to check it out.

Highly recommended! We'll be back!

• Visited March 2012