We wanted to go to the Van Gogh exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in mid-March 2012 and take in other museums and cultural experiences and the Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City was ideally located. Positives: Perfect location to walk to many magnificent cultural and architectural sites such as the main Masonic Temple which is right across the street, the Philadelphia Museum of Art which is a nice walk of a bit over a mile, etc. The breakfast, as in all Residence Inns, is extensive and very enjoyable. The "free" dinner at night is not gourmet in any sense, but fills ones tummy and is great if you are on a budget. The room was badly in need of a new couch and chair as they were very soft and saggy. The TV should be updated if you are into watching movies and such a lot instead of enjoying the beautiful and historic city of Philadelphia.The king-size bed was decent, but perhaps a little on the too soft side . At all times the staff was very polite, and helpful and the cleanliness was perfect. The Valet Parking, however, at the Residence Inn is way too expensive at $45 per 24 hours and if you plan to walk or take cabs to cultural facilities, we found much more cost-effective parking at Parkway self-service garage on Walnut and 12th which charged us a total of $66 for 72 hours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel is ideal for day, weekend getaway, or longer stays. Our hotel in Center City Philadelphia is just steps away from Historic City Hall and the Reading Terminal Market. The Pennsylvania Convention Center, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, world-class restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance of our extended stay Philadelphia hotel. While away from home, our Philadelphia Center City hotel helps you feel connected. Enjoy a sense of community at our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the complimentary evening social events Monday-Wednesday. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel suites offer separate living, working and dining areas, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet and hallmark Marriott service. Our Philadelphia hotel in Center City is easily accessible from the Philadelphia Airport, Amtrak Train Station and I-95. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel meeting rooms, ideal for groups of 20-40 guests, are perfect for small meetings and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Residence Inn