Stayed here in 2010 and it was perfect. Scheduled a stay here specifically because of its proximity to the SEPTA under City Hall.
This didn't work out.
It wasn't Residence Inn's fault - the station under City Hall is undergoing renovations. So instead of being able to take the SEPTA to the Wells Fargo Center for 2 nights of events, we took a cab. Unexpected and disappointed.
But Residence Inn was great. On check-in, we were wanting some cranberry juice to make some drinks. There were only 3 in the cooler for purchase, but the gentleman working the counter gladly brought some extras that we purchased up to the room within minutes of our arrival.
The room was terrific and the stay was quiet. When we arrived, there was no ice in the freezer. The ice maker had broken. Within 10 minutes an engineer was up there replacing the ice maker. Not only that, but he went back downstairs with our ice bin and filled it with ice for us. VERY nice.
I do have 1 minor complaint... the televisions. They work great, but they're pretty old. I would have really liked to have connected my computer to the TV. It's something I've gotten used to and was surprised/disappointed that Residence Inn didn't have this. Hopefully they'll upgrade the TVs in the rooms to the level of excellence that the rest of the hotel maintains.
One more thing... breakfast. It was FANTASTIC. Maybe the best breakfast buffet I've had at any Residence (or any of the other Marriott properties).
If I am back in Philly for anything, I will look to this hotel first for my accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel is ideal for day, weekend getaway, or longer stays. Our hotel in Center City Philadelphia is just steps away from Historic City Hall and the Reading Terminal Market. The Pennsylvania Convention Center, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, world-class restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance of our extended stay Philadelphia hotel. While away from home, our Philadelphia Center City hotel helps you feel connected. Enjoy a sense of community at our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the complimentary evening social events Monday-Wednesday. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel suites offer separate living, working and dining areas, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet and hallmark Marriott service. Our Philadelphia hotel in Center City is easily accessible from the Philadelphia Airport, Amtrak Train Station and I-95. Our Center City Philadelphia hotel meeting rooms, ideal for groups of 20-40 guests, are perfect for small meetings and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Residence Inn