“Great Location”

Ranked #39 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Sacramento, CA
“Great Location”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I know others have commented on how pleasant and friendly the staff are, but it is really true. My husband and I and another couple stayed at 4 different Marriott properties, a Holiday Inn, and a Comfort Inn over a 3 week period and the staff here outshined them all. Have to give special thanks to Kelly, Carnell, Sarah, and Jill for outstanding service. Our first room assignment did not work out and Kelly was great in getting a room that suited our needs. I would inform that room 2104, which is a very nice room with a view of City Hall, the A/C blows on your head and shoulders at night and it was also a noisy A/C. Room 1214 had the A/C situated appropriately so that it did not blow right on you when sleeping and was quiet. This room also had a nice view of City Hall. The breakfast staff were also so nice, and hardworking. They put on a really nice breakfast and evening meals that are very convenient. It was very helpful to be able to have a quick meal there after a long flight and train from the airport to not have to go out looking for a place to eat.

Room Tip: Room 1214, 2 queen beds with view of City Hall, with quiet A/C.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sac2Travelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a two bed plus sofa pull out room. There was a small kitchenette area and a very tiny bathroom. The room was older, but overall the appliances and the furniture were clean. The location of this hotel makes it perfect to walk or grab a taxi to food, shopping, cultural centers, and sights like the liberty bell.the free breakfast was also delicious and full of variety.

• Stayed November 2013
new york
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed one night attending a Met/Phillie game. It was in a very convenient location and it provide an excellent stay. The continental breakfast( misnomer) was the best I've ever experienced at any hotel. Sausage, eggs, french toast, potatoes and much more and the sitting area was huge.
The room was studio size and very spacious. The sofa bed wasn't that comfortable but not many are. The hotel was a very short walk to the terminal market and other area attractions. The only thing that keeps this hotel from not being a 5 is a pool and the expensive valet only parking.( park on your own in lots in the area to save a few bucks.
Other than that it has everything you need. Admit-tingly, I got lucky and got it on priceline the day of my stay for almost 50% off than the regular price so it most likely would have been out of my budget otherwise. Overall a pleaseant experience

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John G
Fenton, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I love Residence Inn hotels - the extra space, free wi-fi, and free food is essential to me when travelling for business. However, this hotel didn't even come close to meeting my expectations. My room, on the 16th floor, didn't receive the free wi-fi. By the time I had discovered this, I had already unpacked and the only possible resolution offered was to switch rooms - not something I could do based on the hassle. Additionally, I found live bugs in my bathroom. Beside that, the door to the bathroom hit the toilet whenever you tried to open or close it! Finally, the lamp on the beside table was broken, and would only flicker intermittently. With no overhead lighting, this was really problematic. I'll still continue going to Residence Inns, but certainly not this one ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ed F, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Becky G,

I wanted to thank you first for taking the time in giving us feedback from your recent stay with us. So sorry that the room had WiFi issues on the 16th floor. We are actually in the process of upgrading our entire internet system. It normally works very well but we wanted to enhance the experience more for the guests. Also, very sorry to hear of the other items in your room that were not up to Marriott Standards. If you would like to talk with me further please don't hesitate in contacting me at 1-215-982-7930 or edward.farrington@marriott.com.

Sincerely Ed Farrington
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights over a holiday weekend and overall had a wonderful time. This hotel was next door to the Courtyard by Marriott, and the main Marriott Hotel where we were attending a conference was right behind our hotel. There are so many options for eateries and attractions within walking distance, and the subway station was just around the corner from the front door. The Reading Terminal Market is always fun to stroll through and you can try all kinds of different foods from the different vendors.

We had a one-bedroom suite which seemed much smaller than the typical Residence Inn floor plan we have seen in other cities. Our bed was just fine, but the sofabed mattress in the living room was very thin and you can feel the springs inside it. We met our housekeeper Ana who was very friendly and efficient, and other staff were very courteous as well. The breakfast was good with the standard Residence Inn menu. Also on the second floor was a large sitting area (sort of like a typical hotel lobby, but just not on the street level).

Parking is valet only and very expensive. There are cheaper self-park lots several blocks away, but you take a chance with unsupervised open lots in a downtown area. We saw many panhandlers as we walked around, but never felt unsafe at all. Beautiful architectural details everywhere in a city with such a rich history.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room.
Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ed F, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear A Michigan Mom7,

Thanks so much for taking the time in giving a review on the hotel. Very sorry that the sofa bed was not up to Marriott Standards. I'm glad that you did locate local parking since majority of the hotels in the city don't have parking so we have to use 3rd party valet companies that allow in/out service. If you only need to park and retrieve following day at checkout these other lots are a cheaper option. Very glad to see that you got full use of our breakfast buffet that I believe is one of the best deals in the city.

Thanks Ed F
Waldwick, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was a wonderful experience. I was impressed by how nice and friendly everyone at the hotel was. When we needed help in arranging a tour, the hotel staff called and arranged for a van to pick us up. This happened two days in a row. The location is a good one. The only drawback is the cost of parking. This is offset by the great hot breakfast served at the hotel. Even the fresh fruit was outstanding. The next time we come to Philly, we are definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: our room had a great view of City Hall.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn at the end of a long week of travel. It was the third hotel of the week and I needed to check out with my car Friday Morning at 5:00 AM to get to an appointment in Long Island before starting the memorial day weekend. Over my two night stay the staff could not have been more helpful in terms of directions, recommendations, wake up calls, luggage storage, etc. Donell Smith, the gentleman who handled the Valet services was particularly pleasant and accommodating and made sure my car was ready and waiting for me at 5:00 AM. Thanks again.

Room Tip: I had a single King but it is a Residence inn so the room was spacious with small kitchen and large...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business