“Great theater company.”

EgoPo Classic Theater
Ranked #164 of 435 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: EgoPo Classic Theater is Philadelphia's premier destination for bold visionary versions of great classic plays. They produce a three play mainstage season each year. Currently in our 19th season, EgoPo is considered a go-to-destination for top-quality theater in Philadelphia. The 2012-13 Season will feature all plays from the Vaudeville-era of American theater including The Assassination of Jesse James (Oct. 5-28, 2012), The Life and Death of Harry Houdini (March 20th-April 7th, 2013)and Uncle Tom's Cabin: An Unfortunate Melodrama (May 29-June 16, 2013). All shows at Plays and Players, 1714 Delancey Street in center city Philadelphia.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great theater company.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have seen several shows by this theater company and have never been disappointed. They do challenging work at a hight artistic level. You should definitely check it out. Keep in mind that I liked their work so much I became a member of thier board of directors.

Visited May 2012

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EgoPo = Fantastic Theatre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

EgoPo's work is daring, creatively inspired and always entertaining. I highly recommend taking in one of their shows!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank REBECCA R
Glassboro, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Anne Frank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

My experience with EgoPo Classic Theater was one to remember. Anne Frank blew me away. From the box office to the applause it was a great experience. I bought my tickets without a problem and was promptly guided to the performance space. The seats were comfortable, and the performance space was fantastic. To simulate the feeling of being in the annex, they decided to use a black box performance space, and cramp the seats in, so that the audience felt as if they were in the annex with Anne. We have all read the stories of the Holocaust, and the horrors that Anne and here family faced, however, EgoPo made you forget all of that. I forgot about the Nazi's, the ghettos, and the pain. What I saw was a little girl who was enjoying an adventure with her family. My heart was broken when Meep brought Anne the red heels. I was reminded that the world was cold outside and that the end was inevitable. It was a powerful, yet bitter-sweet moment. EgoPo brought life to a story that has almost become lost in translation. We forget that Anne was not a poster child for the Holocaust, she was just a little girl. Her diary was not a historical account of the Holocaust, but one of a girl who was just trying to grow up normally. EgoPo did Anne's memory justice.
If you are looking for a good theater company in the Philadelphia area, look up EgoPo Classic Theater. Their work is physically on the edge, and it will have you on the edge of your seat.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Jaried K
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent professional theater experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have been to a few shows now at this theater company, and I always find their artistic direction, actor performances, and script selection to be surprising and fresh. They don't always get as much attention as some of the bigger theater companies in the city, but the shows I have seen have been solid and compelling. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2011