“One delicious tour!”

and up
Chestnut Hill Culinary Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Voted BEST CITY TOUR by Philly A-List and commended by The Travel Channel as: "Excellent food tours...which lets guests sample beloved savory and sweet food found only in Philly while learning about local architecture, history and culture"! Our tours are original concept, meaning that we were the first & original food tour in each of the neighborhoods in which we operate, with long-standing relationships with our tasting locations. We want to impress that our Philadelphia Guided Tours are non-touristy, REAL neighborhoods we'll be showing you around - featuring foods from locally-owned businesses celebrated for their cultural Philly foods. And for those native to the Philadelphia area, we'll show you hidden foodie gems you may have missed, up-and-coming food trends, & in-depth history of Philadelphia's 300-year-old neighborhoods. Peruse our 400+ reviews, then head to our site to reserve your space, (we're not exaggerating, nearly every tour sells out!). We can't wait to meet you!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a wonderful time on our tour. Our guide, Amy was funny and knowledgeable, and really seemed to enjoy her job. The food was delicious and it's fun hearing about the history of the area. Just remember to LEAVE ROOM FOR THE CUPCAKE!!!!

ChewPhilly, Owner at Chew Philly Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Leaving room for the cupcake is great advice for TripAdvisor users! We're so glad that you enjoyed our professional tour guide as well as our tastings. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it really helps small businesses like ours!

All reviews
"pretzels"
in 27 reviews
"philly food"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 13 reviews
in 12 reviews
"bethany"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a great time exploring Manayunk with our guide Amy. She was a perfect hostess with lots of interesting info about Manayunk's past and present. The food portions were just right and as a carb lover, there was not a food offering I did not love tasting. I really enjoyed that while they went for what is known as traditional Philly fare, they also threw in a twist with a sample of a type of food I would never order on my own but found surprisingly good. I would definitely recommend this tour and may do it again one day with some other friends and family. Also want to say that every store/shop owner we encountered, even those not involved in the tour, were warm and welcoming making us feel as if we were a part of the Manayunk community.

We love that you enjoyed the Manayunk community as much as our food tastings! As Yunkers ourselves, it's nice to see others enjoying our neighborhood. Thanks for coming - we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Manayunk Food Tour was great. I'm a born-and-raised Yunker so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I got was a fun, filling, informative couple of hours. Our guide,Amy,was delightful-friendly,considerate,enthusiastic and knowledgeable. She kept us going at a reasonable pace. I could tell how much she likes Manayunk and wants to share it with others. I thought the food was really pretty good-especially the tomato pie and pepperoni and cheese bread from "Marchiano's",the water ice from "Rose's",and the absolutely divine Red Velvet cupcake from "Sweet Elizabeth's". (Everybody was swooning over that!) My friends and I have already recommended this tour to others and wouldn't mind going on another one.

We love having the Yunkers on our tour...it's so nice to show a local a few things they may have overlooked right in their very own neighborhood. Thanks for coming! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have only been in Philly a few months so when my family came to visit it was the first idea I had. It was amazing. The food was great portions and absolutely delicious. The walking was only a lot in the beginning and then you hardly walked at all. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and fun?

What a great way to introduce your family to Philly! We're so glad that you enjoyed our carefully selected tastings, as well as the historical aspect of our tour. We hope you're settling in to Philadelphia well, and wish you the best of luck with your relocation.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Plenty of food, an enjoyable guide, and very kind locals on the tour. Servings were generous including half of a full-sized cheese steak, a good sized soft pretzel, and plenty of other food. One of my favorite parts (after having delicious food, of course) was getting out of the tourist area and seeing another neighborhood.

Thanks for mentioning our substantial food tasting portions! We are proud to offer tastings equivalent to a progressive lunch. We're also glad that you appreciated getting out of the more "touristy" areas and experiencing what true Philadelphia is like. Thanks again for touring with us!