“Wonderful Colonial Cheesesteak Tour with Mark!”

Free and Friendly Tours
Ranked #18 of 76 Tours in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a Free and Friendly walking tour with us! It’s free, which means you tip us what you want. It’s friendly because we’re friendly folks. And it’s Philadelphia because we love it and want you to love it too. We’re a Philly company and we’ll show you the whole Philadelphia – or the whole of what’s in walking distance. We lend our friendship freely and we’ll gladly recommend a place to go out after the tour.
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Wonderful Colonial Cheesesteak Tour with Mark!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My family was visiting from out-of-state for my wedding weekend and I wanted to give them a tour of historic Philadelphia. We had a fantastic customized Colonial Cheesesteak tour with Mark! Even though it was very cold outside, Mark had so much energy and enthusiasm and led us on a wonderful tour! He incorporated indoor stops where we could warm up; he customized the tour with some additional information on Swedish settlers in Philadelphia because that was of interest to my Swedish family; and we learned so much and had a lot of fun! I look forward to taking other tours with Free and Friendly tours in the future and would definitely recommend Free & Friendly Tours to others! Thanks, Mark!

Visited January 2014

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very fun and informative tour with John”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My tour guide was John and he was very knowledgable and made the tour very enjoyable. We toured the lovely area known as Old City. He also had great suggestions on where to get the perfect Philly cheesesteak. This is a great tour for anyone wanting to get acquainted with the city while also learning its rich history. John is a great guy and is happy to answer any question you may have or give you tips on getting around the city. A really great experience!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Danabella1980
Chicago, Illinois
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 265 helpful votes
“Walk with Ben is a walk with history”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Took a free and friendly tour with Mark and the wonderful Ben Franklin. What a wonderful tour! First of all, "Ben Franklin" kept in character and gave us his view of historic Philly in the late 1700's. I must say that our guide Mark was fantastic and very knowledgeable. I called his tour company a couple of weeks before and found that he and Ben Franklin was unavailable from Thursday (October 31) through the first week of November. No!! But I finally convinced him (through e-mails and phone calls) that we jwould be driving in from our visit to Lancaster County Wednesday afternoon and he did book us with Ben Wednesday evening after checking Ben's availability. Thank Goodness! It was a very informative, unique tour that my daughter, my friend, and I truly loved. I would definitely tour with Free and Friendly tours again, esp. the Walk with Ben, and would try some of his many other tours.

Visited October 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great person”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Mark did not have a tour on the day I could come, but through exchange of emails he suggested a lot of alternative options for me to spend the day in Philadelphia.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Julia Z
Eugene, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Better Than Tour We Paid For!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Mark was our tour guide, and he was both knowledgable and personable. This was a great way to be introduced to the Old City area. In the days after our tour we went back to various sites Mark had showed us and spent more time exploring them. During our visit to Philly we went on another tour, which we paid for, and was disappointed in the presentation by the guide. Mark set a high standard. In future visits to Philly we'll definitely see what tours Free and Friendly Tours are offering and sign up for those. Thanks Mark!

Visited September 2013