“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lawrenceville, United States
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stay was great. Nice clean room and friendly staff. The only complaint I have is parking. There's no direct parking lot for the hotel. Valet parking is available for $10 per day otherwise you walk down the block and park yourself for $5 per day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel and it's Service Team met your needs and expectations. I truly hope that you will stay at the hotel again the next time you are traveling to the area. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orangeburg, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The staff members at the City Avenue Hilton were exceptionally caring and attentive to my every need! From the parking to the breakfast greeter (from the door to the back), EVERYONE was naturally in tune with the absolute ultimate level of customer service! This hotel was a good distance from where I attended my daily meetings, but that staff made it worth staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about you recent stay, the feedback you supplied is greatly appreciated and valued. I will be sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team. I truly hope that you will stay at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We spent four nights at this hotel as we were in the city for a family bereavement.
We paid the balance of our account by cash the day before leaving and at checkout the staff said were short by TWO CENTS which they collected and refused to give us a receipt
Secondly they said they would send security to check out our room
I have been travelling and staying in hotels for over forty years and never received such disrespect
Not to mention the furnishings in the room needs much repair or should be changed
We have pictures to show,,

Stayed April 2014
I want to thank you for your recent stay and for posting a review. I am truly sorry that you experienced issues during your stay and would like to offer you my sincere apologies for these things having occurred. I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate team members so that steps can be taken to avoid issues such as this in the future. Thank you.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I chose this hotel for it's proximity to St Joseph University, and was even given a discount through the St Joseph website. Accommodations were great, and I was glad the hotel offers valet parking at a reasonable price. The breakfast buffet was very good, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay while visiting SJU and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel and it's team were able to meet your needs and expectations. I truly hope that you will continue to stay at the hotel when you visit the Philadelphia area.
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel far surpassed the very high Hilton standard. The staff and management were wonderful and helpful. It is convenient to our needs and to the airport. The breakfasts were fresh, cooked to order and reasonably priced. The view out over the reservior and on to the city was spectacular.

Room Tip: It was all good. Speak to Manager Randy if you get the chance.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post a review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that both the hotel and the Service Team met you needs and expectations. I will be sure to share your very kind comments with all members of the team. I hope that you will stay at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area, thank you.
Toronto,Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My family stayed at this location and I should've really adhered to the comments about this location as they were bang on. The desk staff needs to be re trained how to deal with the public. Upon leaving we told that they had to send security up to the room before we could leave the area even though we had paid cash upfront for the whole stay. I have never had that happen to me at any place I have ever stayed. When we were returning the last of the keys they gave us another bill for 2 cents which I am not sure why. Also they cut off our wifi before stay ended which again not sure why even though again their website clearly states that each room comes eqipped with wifi. We were staying on a senior rate and other half way thru the stay did the decide to add all sorts of things that do NOT come with the senior rate, even though it reads on their main website that breakfast and even evening cocktails come with a stay at this location. If this is only for certain rate that should be clearly stated as well. I would NOT recommed this location to any one and please be aware of comments like mine and do NOT stay here. The furniture in the rooms are very dated ripped and need to be donated to good will.

1 Thank Naddy016
Thank you for your stay and for sharing your thoughts. I would like to offer you my apologies and assure you that I take comments such as yours very seriously and will be sharing them with team members so that corrective steps can be taken. I am truly sorry that the issues you raised occurred and for the fact that they took away from your stay. I hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is so disorganized! The front desk people were not very nice, nor very helpful. We went into the dining room, and were completely ignored for 15 minutes while the waiters set tables. (the dining room was open!). The waiter, when he did come, could hardly be bothered to take our order. At breakfast, the chef doing the cooking, was not pleasant...and either hated her job or hated the customers...not sure which. Both mornings, we felt very uncomfortable giving her our order. In the bar, we tried to move a table so that others could join us, and the staff person nearly started yelling at us...stating that it was against the rules to move tables....All the food in both restaurants was pretty mediocre. Our room was not very clean when we got there.. but the cleaning on the next day was laughable...they didn't even give us a bathmat, and shorted us on all the towels. The beds looked like a 2 year old had made them. Based on the number of people we saw coming and going, this hotel does a brisk business. I can only think it must be one of the few hotels in the area. I have stayed at other Hiltons, and this one is at the bottom of the barrel. It appears that no one really cares or manages this hotel in an organized fashion. If its possible, try and stay someplace else!

Room Tip: Good luck choosing a room...the front desk was really unhelpful about getting our friends' rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Syd1523
I want to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post a review. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered as there is no excuse for these types of things to have happened. I assure you that I take comments such as yours very seriously and have shared them with the appropriate team members so that action can be taken.

Again please accept my apologies and and thank you for sharing your thoughts on you stay. the feedback that you have provided is greatly appreciated and valued. I do hope that you would consider staying at the hotel again.