Two years ago my family treated my mother to an overnight stay in Philadelphia for her 70th birthday. The trip was a secret surprise and all we told my mother to do was pack and enjoy the journey. We stayed at the Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast, which turned out to be a terrific choice. Heralded on TripAdvisor as the #2 B&B out of 26 in Philly, it resides on a side-street within blocks of the University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, restaurants, shops, Art Museum, Schuylkill River, and Fairmount Park. And the subway stop is a short walk away, which connects within minutes to center city Philly, Penn’s Landing, and everything in between.
This past weekend I participated in the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run and several friends who had planned to join me, along with places I had hoped to stay, fell through, so at the last minute my buddy David, who accompanied me to help support and shoot photos while I raced, and I chose Cornerstone. It turned out to be just three miles down river from the race in Fairmount Park. Perfect location. Nice suite with a large bedroom, bathroom, and living room with a pull-out bed with an air mattress that lost some air during the night, but was still comfy. Saturday breakfast was delicious homemade blueberry pancakes, sausage, and a special request egg white omelet made to order. And to top it off, the decor is elegant and has an interesting history: it was once owned by a relative of Maxfield Parrish, one of my favorite artists.
The hosts are Dennis and Liz, their daughter Jules, and her husband Chris. Chris and their three kids also ran in the race. They were all amazingly friendly and accommodating. The rooms clean and fresh. The wrap-around front porch inviting and restful.
I whole-heartedly recommend Cornerstone. If you stay there, tell them Kevyn sent you. And be sure to join the family on the porch with a cup of tea or coffee, or a glass of wine or beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Philadelphia's Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast, an elegant and cozy urban inn located within walking distance to the University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Cornerstone offers a unique opportunity to enjoy Philadelphia with Center City only minutes away and easily accessible by public transportation. The Cornerstone offers the following amenities at no additional charge: *Wifi * Breakfast * Zoo Package *Eastern State Package * Street Parking * Toiletries The Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast is a family owned and operated business. We look forward to making your visit a memorable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cornerstone Hotel Philadelphia
- Cornerstone Bed And Breakfast