“We loved it and hope to be back again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Silverstone Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Brunswick, Maine
“We loved it and hope to be back again!”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We felt very welcome and comfortable from the moment we walked into this beautiful mansion. Our room was spacious and filled with art and books. The posturpedic mattress on the bed ensured us a good night's sleep. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts prepared with care and elegance by Yolanta. The location allowed us to get into Philadelphia easily by train, to eat at area restaurants, and to get away for a quiet time at a State Park.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank obmerrill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Have stayed in several hotels in Philly, and I must say I enjoyed my time at this B&B the best. Loved the atmosphere, the location and the company of the Hostess.The property was in good condition and nicely appointed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kcapron3
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We loved our stay at Silverstone B&B. We live in Center City Philadelphia and decided to go on a weekend trip to get out of the city for a night, and had a wonderful time. The B&B is located just minutes from the train station, and we took our bikes with us, which they let us keep outside. Yolanta's husband even offered to let us keep them in the basement, but we ended up just leaving them out for the night. Yolanta made sure we were acquainted with Chestnut Hill and was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the area. She provided us with some tips and recommendations for places to visit.

We felt very comfortable in the B&B, which is an old 1800's mansion with an annex addition. The rooms and common areas are light and airy and carefully decorated. When we told Yolanta that we are studying architecture, she shared with us a story of some former guests from Japan who had given her a book of Louis Kahn houses in the area. She went out of her way to find us the book so we could take a look at it.

There is a small kitchen for guests to use and a common area with music playing and books to read. Outside there are gardens and a gazebo; everything is carefully place and thought out.

Breakfast was wonderful. We were able to choose what we wanted to eat: eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, cereal, orange juice, tea, etc. The breakfast room is very pleasant and there is a porch just off the breakfast room where you can read the paper.

We stayed in the annex, which consists of three bedrooms and a shared bathroom. Since we were the only people in the annex at the time, we ended up having the bathroom to ourselves, although we wouldn't have minded sharing with others. The room was very clean and the tempur pedic mattress was terrific!

The Silverstone B&B is a great place to stay if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, and unobtrusive stay. We were able to keep to ourselves in a quaint and cozy setting and had no complaints. A very cute location and all in all wonderful time!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovestravelphilly
Rotorua
Reviewed 10 May 2011

large room with a view of the well kept garden. Comfortable bed, Very suitable for our family use.
Yolanta was very helpful and it was a great location to walk to Chestnut Hilll Village to enjoy the local market atmosphere.

Room Tip: All upstairs rooms are excellent locations
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank toutouwai
Newton, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2011

There were 4 people in our group (2 rooms). We had great service, and were able to check in prior to our leisure trip to downtown Philadelphia. The breakfest was good and plenty of selections. The only con we had was finding our rooms at night when we returned, and not enough hot water for all 4 to shower in the morning.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jessica123456789
East Windsor, NJ
Reviewed 19 July 2010

As others have written Chestnut Hill is a gorgous area. You can walk into town and shop, or you can walk to the near by Fairmount Park and go hiking. No complaints there. Our complaint is with the hospitality of the Silverstone B&B. Yolanta, whom I assumed was going to be the hostess for the weekend because she never told me otherwise, asked me to call to let her know my arrival. I called at 2pm and said I would be there at 2:30pm and she told me she would be there to greet us. We arrived, and came in the side door, since she had told me earlier that this was okay, and was instead greeted by a nice girl named Sofi. She was using skyp at the time, I think, so maybe this is why she didn't explain that she would be cooking for us and a little more about staying there, etc. She takes us up-stairs to our room, and then shows us a map of the area since I ask how close town is. Later, Yolanta comes to our room and asks us for the cash (if you pay cash you save 10%). She greeted us warmingly, but this was the only interaction with her the entire time. There was no explaination that Sofi would be cooking for us, and what her relationship was to Yolanta (I assumed she was the daughter). I just wished they were a little more forth coming with information. Our room was very clean and nice, but our bed didn't end up being a tempur-pedic mattress which they advertise on the website. Also, our bathroom was not in the room, but down the hall. Yolanta did tell us however that it was our own personal bathroom. I slept fine regardless, although there was noise coming up from up-stairs. I found out later that a younger boy who said his brother and brother's fiance were staying there, so it was probably all of them together. I am still confused to how everyone is related. He is also the one that told me Sofi was helping this weekend, so I'm guess that Sofi was the help and working for Yolanta. Anyways, there was internet downstairs on a slow computer (there is wireless but you need to get the code from the computer downstairs), but we had to figure out this for ourselves, because again they weren't very forth coming with information and making us comfortable. For breakfast, Sofi offered us eggs, either a spinage and cheese sramble or omlete. Waffles were not offered, which Yolanta said they served. The eggs were delicious though, and since I don't eat a really big breakfast it was perfect for me. My husband enjoyed the eggs but was still hungrey. He had toast, fresh fruit, OJ, coffee and also cereal that is all laid out for you to serve yourself. I was very happy that we could have checked-in early as noon, and check-out at noon the next day. This allowed us to have breakfast, go on a hike in the humidity and have time to shower before we left for the day.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LauraEEastWindsor_NJ
Annapolis MD
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Located in upscale Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia the Silverstone is a large stone mansion built in the late 1800's. The B & B is moments away from the train station and by car on a couple of minutes away from the heart of Chestnut Hill. This means it's easy to get to downtown Phillie by public transport and easy to go to multiple great restaurants in the neighborhood.
The rooms are large, sunny, air-conditioned/heated. They each have a bathroom. Everything is very clean. There is a television in each room and wireless internet access. There is an elevator. Towels, shampoos etc are on hand for guests.
Staff consists of Yolanda and her husband, owners of the place. They have someone come in on weekends and help with breakfast. Breakfast is served every morning from 730-930 and consists of eggs (your way), toast, waffles, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, coffee and tea. Very nice food.
The house is in a quiet neighborhood. The B & B seems to cater to families and adults. There is a dedicated full kitchen area for guests to use for meal preparation and storage. This is a nice bonus.
I love this place. It's a Victorian gem at a good price.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family