“Yum!”

Ranked #57 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Facebook - Hipcityveg Phone - 1 (215) 278-7605
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The vegetarian food was awesome! The Jamaican jerk chick'n salad was great. The sweet potato fries were phenomenal, but definitely portioned for 2 people. There is free water. The seating is very limited, but I got lucky and snagged a little table.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My two year old son has serious dairy and egg allergies so eating out at a restaurant is nearly impossible, unless the place is vegan, which can be daunting for a two year old's palate. h ip city veg made ordering out easy, he could eat almost everything on the menu! He loved the veggie burger with sweet potato fries and I thought the buffalo bella was amazing. the staff was so friendly and wonderful. when I told them how excited I was too be able to order straight off the menu for my son WITHOUT modifications or fear of hidden butter the hostess brought us a free cupcake and told us she was happy we stopped in. We've been back countless times since then and are never disappointed, amazing affordable vegan food!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Portobello mushroom burger out of this world. Wicked brownies. Right in heart of the city and fast food with limited seating but food makes it all worthwhile.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I love that in Philly you can find a successful, slightly (but not overly) trendy vegetarian sandwich shop in one of the most popular parts of city center (near Rittenhouse Square). This place is small (not quite a hole-in-the-wall) but is staffed by friendly workers and serves tasty vegetarian wraps and sandwiches (first visit I had the curry tofu wrap and second time the bella sandwich). Prices are reasonable and service is fast. What else do you want when you're looking for a quick veggie fix.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

One evening it poured down while I got to my hotel from office and I called and ordered some noodles and fake chicken(forgot the name of the dizh) . Got room delivery and surprised the way the tofu tasted in the noodle, impressive. Loved it. Would highly recommend it.