“Delicious!”

Ranked #66 of 4,459 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Facebook - Hipcityveg Phone - 1 (215) 278-7605
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stopped in to try it when we were in Philly looking for the closest vegan steak sandwich on google maps...and it was amazing! We are still raving about the sweet potato fries with sriracha aioli months later. We will definitely return next time we're in Philly and sample some of their other offerings.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in Philly for business and was ravishing. I left my hotel on the never ending search for good vegetarian food when I stumbled across this line of people wrapped around a building.... curious I followed the trail of people, when my eyes grew like saucers.... could it possibly be a vegetarian place that is so good that there is a never ending line of people?

I quickly grabbed a menu and looked it over. I hadn't even tried the food yet but knew I was in the right place.

The food was creative, inspired and full of flavor. I was in love.

So much so that a few days later I dragged my brother there to celebrate my birthday.

My only sadness when it comes to hip city veg is that I wish the owner was a little more concerned about giving back to the community instead of just opening more and more locations. That fact alone may keep me from returning. :(

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Food was prepared quickly and was very delicious. Desserts were yummy!

Staff was friendly and caring.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were visiting from out-of-state and this was a neat, little stand-up (there is limited seating) vegan restaurant in the bustling center of Philadelphia. We ordered the Philly Steak (as a vegetarian, this was an unusual opportunity to try the famous local cuisine), the Ziggy Burger, a Groothie, and sweet potato fries.

I thought the Philly Steak was very good, though my companion was not impressed by the Ziggy Burger or the Groothie. We both agreed that the sweet potato fries were excellent. We also ordered a brownie and a cupcake. It is difficult for vegans to find delicious baked goods, so these desserts were a real treat.

The staff was friendly and patient in answering questions about the different choices (and about ensuring that the baked goods were truly without dairy products). The price was reasonable. The location is excellent for tourists buzzing around all the tourist sites in central Philadelphia.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are a vegetarian, a vegan, or just someone who doesn't need a piece of dead animal on your plate at every meal, this place is your fast-food (well pretty fast fast-food) standby. The food is delicious, sized approrpriately, and reasonably priced. Only a few crowded tables in their space, but you can walk a block over the Rittenhouse Square and eat hip food in a hip place. I haven't yet ordered something there that was not super tasty.