“Not for me. Too unhealthy”
Review of HipCityVeg

HipCityVeg
Ranked #80 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Description: Facebook - Hipcityveg Phone - 1 (215) 278-7605
philadelphia
“Not for me. Too unhealthy”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are an omni looking for meat alternatives you may like this place. As a vegan trying to stay healthy on a business trip I found it gross. Extremely meat like and greasy. The veg burger was so much like meat I could not eat it. Went outside and gave it to a homeless guy.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank veganlife1

• Korean first
Miami, Florida
“Great Place For Lunch!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first visit to Hipcity Veg but I will look forward to going again the next time I'm in Philly.

Visited May 2014
philadelphia
“For anyone who thinks it's hard to find great vegan food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Try the "chicken" ranch, the cheesesteak, the jerk "chicken" salad, and especially the fajita wrap. Delicious cupcakes and shakes too. I love the new University City location.

Visited May 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very good!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I were recently visiting Philly and thought we'd give this place a try. We're not vegan, but we don't eat red meat so we do enjoy vegetarian meals. We went on Memorial Day around 6pm. There was a short line but it moved quickly. We knew ahead of time that there are only about 4 tables here, so we had planned to just take our food a couple blocks down to the park at Rittenhouse Square, which is what we did.

We had the Chick'n Fajita wrap and Cheesesteak sandwich and shared an order of sweet potato fries with sriracha aioli (yum!), a banana whip w/chocolate chips and a carrot ginger lemonade. Everything was very good. We enjoyed it all and it was plenty of food for us. We'd definitely go back if we are ever in Philly again!

• Visited May 2014
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stopped in to try it when we were in Philly looking for the closest vegan steak sandwich on google maps...and it was amazing! We are still raving about the sweet potato fries with sriracha aioli months later. We will definitely return next time we're in Philly and sample some of their other offerings.

• Visited March 2014