“Top Notch! Best in the City!!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Jersey
“Top Notch! Best in the City!!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Kimpton Hotels in other cities. We live right across the bridge from Philly and wanted to stay in the city for New Years Eve. We were going to stay here then have dinner, drinks celebrations at another spot in the city. We did it all at the Monaco! They have an amazing restaurant and a rooftop lounge. First the stay, the location is amazing right behind independence hall with super easy access to everything downtown. The place is Immaculate, super hip style but not over done. The lobby was beautiful and the staff amazing. The room well that is just the cherry on top. We stayed in the King Deluxe Spa and it was so worth it. First the soaking tub kept my wife in for hours and the shower was another amazing delight. The room was enormous and the bed, comforter and sheets were a delight. I highly recommend you stay in Philly stay at the Monaco!! Oh join the Kimpton Rewards FREE WIFI.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Thanks Mondonj!!!

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments.

Hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Cheers,

Sean Flanigan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Short and sweet review - true Kimpton experience - they know what works and how to do it! From the prompt friendly check in (and personal recognition, being an InTouch member), to the funky yet comfortable rooms and decor throughout. The doormen are always so friendly, and set the tone for the rest of the stay. Complimentary happy hour is always a plus, and a way to meet new people. The Red Owl Tavern was one of my best meals out in a LONG time. Wherever we go, we look for a Kimpton hotel and always book with them.

Room Tip: Overlooking Independence Park is a great view to wake up to!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hey Margaritadee,

WOW what a great review! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

Don’t be a stranger and come back soon!

Best,

Hotel Manager
New York, NY
Reviewed 9 January 2013

What a fun place to stay. The Hotel Monaco was a great experience for me and my boyfriend. The decor was very fun and trendy. The service was amazing...you feel very welcomed and important. Then bellman were quick to provide suggestions of great places to check out. Both the rooftop and restaurant were great, so check them out. Remember to sign up for their rewards program to get free internet and a bar credit. Also there's a nightly happy hour in the hotel lobby...free drinks! The hotel location can't be beat you are right next to the liberty bell and we also were able to hop on a bus tour of the entire city just around the corner from the hotel. My only gripes were the lack of good lighting the room and the shower set up...it was slippery and water came out since it's a contemporary doorless set-up.

Dear Adougla2,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share with others! I am happy to see that overall you had a fantastic time. I did take note of the lighting and the shower, I will be sure to follow up with our engineering team.

Thanks again,

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria, VA and loved it there. The Hotel Monaco Philadelphia definitely lived up to the reputation. Kimpton Hotels are well known for being pet friendly, and the Monaco couldn't have been more accomodating. From the moment we arrived, every staff member knew our dog's name, and were consistently paying incredible attention to Cooper. They even had the right size bed and dog bowls in the room for him before we arrived. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating! They did an exceptional job of meeting any needs we had, and always extending warm greetings to us and our dog Cooper. The rooftop bar was a lot of fun, with a great atmosphere and friendly service staff. The location cannot be beat, right next to Independence Hall and steps from amazing restaurants in Old City. Definitely recommend this hotel to both pet owners and travelers alike. The service and attention cannot be beat! Our dog Cooper loved it just as much as we did thanks to the friendly staff. A must stay in Philly!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a King Deluxe Room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks Jesus C!!

We love our 4 legged friends just as much as the 2 legged ones!! Happy to see you guys and cooper had fun.

Can't wait to welcome you all back!

Cheers,

Alexandria VA
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Loved the fabulous interior design, the chandelier upon entry is just gorgeous! The fun Alice in Wonderland furniture and funky items are so enjoyable. This hotel sits adjacent to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, our view to the Liberty Bell each day was beautiful and inspiring.

On top of a yet another great experience at a Kimpton Hotel, the client service representatives at the front desk & concierge went above and beyond the call of duty.... I had left behind a travel bag next door at a cafe, which included my brand new iPad. Since the cafe owner wasn't answering the phone, I called Hotel Monaco and Brian (the concierge) assisted me immediately and without hesitation. Very thankful that he could retrieve the bag, and only 40 miles down the road, we had to turn around, but I was easily consoled with a quick return phone call that he had recovered my handbag. What wonderful staff and customer service that is parallel to none! Thank you Brian!!

On top of that, we really enjoyed the rooftop lounge! Quiet, modern, candlelight, full bar.... a very fun and great experience as well.

Room Tip: The view of the Liberty Bell to the West and Independence Hall is beautiful! This also looks to dow...
Thanks Judytravels_12,

WOW what a great story! Brian is truly an asset to this hotel and company. I will be sure to give him a couple high fives and a big thank you!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Just stayed one night the past weekend with my sister and a friend and we all enjoyed the hotel! The staff was very helpful and made us feel quite welcome. The room was just a two queen parkview room and it felt cozy and clean and we had no problems at all. I would absolutely stay here again - the decor is a little too much for me and feels bordering on cheesy/tacky since I appreciate "less is more" but other than that it really was perfect! We didn't eat any of the hotels food but we did partake in the wine hour and the wine was not amazing but it was complimentary so I did not judge it too harshly.

The beds were so comfortable and the floor we stayed on (8) was so quiet. We really REALLY liked that!
We went up to the club on the roof and it was a little too much - maybe its because I live in Brooklyn and somehow that makes me more judgemental but it just felt silly and over the top. But, the space is nice and it was clean, and cleanliness is far more important to me than what the crowd is like and what music they play!
We really enjoyed our stay though and I would definitely stay there again - myabe not with my husband because we tend to enjoy something a little smaller and a little more off the beaten path, but for a trip with girlfriends it was kind of perfect!!! :)

Room Tip: We chose a parkside room and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda F
Dear Amanda F,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience! Happy to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I love everything about the Kimpton Hotel experience. I've stayed at three separate locations (2 in Philly) and I can't say enough about them. The staff is not only professional, but over-the-top friendly. They will literally bend over backwards to help you.

The quality of service began with the valet and doorman--both friendly and warm (despite brutal temperatures). The bellhop had our bags in hand before we could blink, and was escorting us through the lobby to check in. We were just in time for the hosted wine hour, which was just being set up. The bell hop had us two glasses of wine as soon as the bottles were uncorked.

It was the one year anniversary of our engagement, and upon check-in, the staff member behind the desk handed us two delicious cupcakes. We joked about what a sight we must have been--a glass of wine in one hand, cupcake in the other with our bell hop escort.

Then there was our room, which was pristine and beautiful. We had windows that overlooked Chestnut Street and--you guessed it--Independence Hall. How cool is that?! The decor is sleek and modern with interesting patterns.

Did I mention the bottle of champagne and the chocolate cake? Because it was a special occasion, the hotel had a bottle of champagne on ice and piece of decadent chocolate cake in our room to greet us, as well as a card to welcome us to the hotel and congratulate us on our anniversary.

Anyone can get the big things right (though it's surprising how many get even those wrong!), but it takes a special hotel and an outstanding staff to handle the details. The Hotel Monaco (and the Kimpton Hotel group) gets them right every time.

I wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
HELLO!!! WOW what an experience :) Happy belated anniversary, I am sooo happy to hear the team pulled out all the stops for you guys. You are right the team does bend over backwards for our guests. Gymnastics of customer service is a prerequisite.

Come back soon!