“Excellent Experience at Hotel Monaco”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My family and in-laws stayed at the Kimpton Monaco Hotel for 3 days. We were able to get an adjoining room with an excellent view of Independence Hall. The rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. The service in the hotel was excellent as each employee thought of himself/herself as the owner of a family business. If there was an issue, the employees became good problem solvers. This is a hotel that will get reup business and it certainly appealed to families who wanted to bring their dogs along. The 5pm free wine in the lobby was also a treat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank steven41003
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thanks Steven41003!

Happy to see that both your family and the in-laws enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for staying with us and for the 5 stars.

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband, daughter (9), and two dogs (35 lbs each). The staff were warm and helpful. Most requests were fulfilled promptly. We stayed in a queen parkview room and it had ample room for us all. View is awesome and you cannot beat the location! There is a park right across the street from the hotel for my dogs to explore and there were many great restaurants within walking distance. Based on the this experience, I will seek out other Kimpton properties when traveling.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear CassieR62,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to see that you and your fam enjoyed your trip to Philly and the Monaco.

We hope to see you on your next trip to the City of Brotherly Love!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

First off, I love Kimpton Hotels. I am very disappointed when I must go someplace and there is not a Kimpton Hotel. Hint Hint - Montreal, Canada.

My stay at the Monaco was the best. Rashid provided me that best service and an amazing tip - Check out the rooftop lounge early, because it really gets busy. I live for this hotel and the staff. It has to be one of the best I've stayed in so far. The living room is beautiful and big. The rooms are beautiful colors, with bathrooms with amazingly large showers and great water pressure. I loved all the mirrors throughout the hotel. The rooftop lounge, I wish we had this in DC, was crazy fab - the vapor room was my favorite. I am not a big meat eater but still really enjoyed the food at Red Owl Tavern, the hotel's restaurant. I will certainly make it a point to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a King room and it was an ok size, which is expected for staying in the city. I was on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thanks Cocogold!!

WOW 5 stars thank you so much. You rock!! I am so excited to read about how much you love Kimpton and the Monaco. Roshid is an amazing person and truly is an asset to the team, I will be sure to thank him personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Maybe someday there will be a Kimpton in Montreal AY?

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I am an avid fan of Kimpton hotels. The Hotel Monaco is a beautiful new property in a great location. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are lovely and spacious and the whole place is a stone's throw from the liberty bell in the historic Old City neighborhood. There are tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Having tried several hotels in Philly, this one was the best. Will definitely stay here again in the future and would easily recommend to others.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hey Katiegirl77!

Wonderful experience for a wonderful guest! Sounds like the perfect match to me.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind comments.

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Just got back from a wonderful 5-day stay at the Monaco in Philadelphia. From check-in to check-out, our stay was fabulous. We brought our dog and were given a 2nd floor pet-friendly room with a view of Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell building (you can't see the bell inside). Even though we were only the 2nd floor, we could not hear the traffic below. The housekeeping staff were awesome and loved our dog.
We started most mornings at the Red Owl Tavern in the hotel or one block over at the Cosi and ended each day at wine hour (well, my husband would sit in the Red Owl and I would go to wine hour). It is nice to talk with different people every day.
Getting around the hotel was easy as there were plenty of elevators. The gym on the 2nd floor was well-equipped, clean, and modern - it felt like a real fitness center.
My husband and I both used the free Wi-Fi (as In-Touch members) everyday. The connection was fast and easy to connect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to enjoy Philly's historic sites.

Room Tip: Low floor did not have traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kwbts124,

Sounds like you, your husband, and 4 legged friend had a grand ole time! Thank you for the wonderful comments.

We miss you guys already!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband stayed here recently for one night as a mini getaway. We could not have been happier! The hotel staff was amazing. All we had to do was look a little confused and there was a staff member there to give instant answers. The decor was eclectic and fun, including the rooms. Don't miss the wine happy hour either. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Awwww thanks Chris B!

We love you guys too! Perhaps it was love at first sight? I am thrilled that you had such a great experience! The team here is so passionate about serving our guests and it truly shows when we hear stories like yours.

Can’t wait to welcome you guys back!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed for two nights with my two children on a mini-vacation. Great decor, free coffee in the a.m., free wine in the evening. My daughter deemed the bed "a cloud" and actually looked forward to curling up and going to sleep each night. My son has disabilities, and the staff made sure we had everything we needed during our stay, even the USA Today outside our door each morning as he requested. Special thanks to T and Roshid; they went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. I will be recommending the Monaco to our out-of-town guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Independence Hall.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Boxcarmillie!!

I am so happy to see you and kids enjoyed your trip and we made you feel comfortable. T and Roshid are certainly rock stars and I will be sure to give them a couple high fives for providing such wonderful service and going the extra mile.

Come back soon!